Blog script that integrates with HTML site

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a blogging script that will integrate well with my current static HTML site. I would normally jump to Wordpress but this means I either need to convert my whole site to Wordpress and change the design to a Wordpress theme or I need to code my own Wordpress theme based on my current site, which I think it likely to be a lot of effort.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

couldn't you just add a link to the blog (say blog.website.co.uk) from the main site, style said blog to match site or are you more interested in the 'ticker' type of integration?

Last edited:
couldn't you just add a link to the blog (say blog.website.co.uk) from the main site, style said blog to match site or are you more interested in the 'ticker' type of integration?

That's the plan, but if I use Wordpress then it means creating a whole new theme, which seems like a lot of work!

That's the plan, but if I use Wordpress then it means creating a whole new theme, which seems like a lot of work!
not necessarily, you could keep the site the same theme (no idea what it looks like) and then pick a 'clean' blog theme in the same colour scheme.

A blog doesn't need to be 100% the same as the site, it just has to look part of the site or business. I'm also personally all for a cleaner looking blog to make it easy to read etc.

Check Jekyll. Is a really awesome static html blog generator. No databases and no fuss, can be easily version controlled with github, and also, you can even host it for free with your own domain name on github pages!

Coding a Wordpress "theme" isn't difficult assuming you're using included headers and footers etc for your normal site anyway. It's basically the same but instead of your page content you just put the default Wordpress code. It's the best option anyway.

Check Jekyll. Is a really awesome static html blog generator. No databases and no fuss, can be easily version controlled with github, and also, you can even host it for free with your own domain name on github pages!

+1

Although as a MS guy Ruby/Markdown has confused the hell out of me but it has been a fun experience getting a site up and running that doesn't require a lot of setup. Also integrating things like bootstrap etc. was relatively simple once I found a couple of handy guides for Windows.

Back
Top Bottom