Bluetooth keyboard + memtest controls

Associate
Have got a logitech mx5000 desktop and when i run memtest from bios (dfi) i cant control it as keyboard doesnt respond. Is there anything i can do or do i need to plug a normal keyboard in (havent got one anymore)

AFAIK you need a keyboard plugged into the ps/2 port to be able to use it in the bios & for stuff like memtest. The bluetooth/wireless stuff needs the drivers loaded to work, so you'll have to find a spare keyboard.

Werewolf said:
set the bios to USB keyboard support by bios - the default is by OS in most bios's (the setting controls how the keyboard is supported after the bios hands off to the OS).

Had never realised you could do that. That'll save me digging out my old keyboard on the odd occasions I need to tinker in the bios.

Werewolf said:
set the bios to USB keyboard support by bios - the default is by OS in most bios's (the setting controls how the keyboard is supported after the bios hands off to the OS).

Thanks werewolf - will try that

Logan09 said:
Had never realised you could do that. That'll save me digging out my old keyboard on the odd occasions I need to tinker in the bios.

Do you run logitech bluetooth desktop as well - im having a couple of problems such as losing connection and having to borrow flatmates keyboard and mice to try and fix it - really annoying

As Werewolf says the setting is called "Legacy USB Keyboard" and "Legacy USB Mouse", that should get you started.

I'm not sure it works with bluetooth keyboards, it works fine with my wireless Microsoft keyboard, but not with my bluetooth MS desktop.

Have enabled usb keyboard and mouse support and now works in memtest. Just always get connection probs when installing the logitech software - its crap. Done a couple of googles and it seems to be a fault with logitechs software and them not updating it

Back
Top Bottom