Bluetooth

• Thread starter Thread starter ajm
  • Start date Start date

ajm

ajm

Associate
I am looking for a Bluetooth adapter to use on my phone and when i get one a pda with satnav.I am looking for 100m(class 1 i think it is) and it to be usb 2. Or is there no difference in usb 2 and 1 where bluetooth is concerned? Also would like it to be cheap as possible.

Make model and price please.

Class 1 is 100m and don't cost much more than the 10m ones nowadays.
USB v USB2 won't make a difference as even USB has enough bandwidth for bluetooth which is approx 700kbps. USB1 is 11Mbps.

I've had a couple of Belkin ones on the past. 2 year warranty.

@Psypher5

Can't seem to find the one you are referring to but will have another scout round.

@Mujja

Thanks for the info, i will go for the USB1 type and class 1.Now just need to find one cheap. :)

I just got a generic one and it works fine, not too sure about the range tho.
Great thing is i can control my pc with my mobile phone! Works just like a remote for media player or in desktop mode it acts just like a mouse, truly wonderful!
Sony Ericsson W800i BTW :)

Albaba

Just get the MSI one from here. £8 seems a bargain.
Yes it does until you add the delivery charge on,it more than doubles in price.If i decide to go for that i will have to wait until i need more stuff to make it worth while.

Albaba said:
I just got a generic one and it works fine, not too sure about the range tho.
Great thing is i can control my pc with my mobile phone! Works just like a remote for media player or in desktop mode it acts just like a mouse, truly wonderful!
Sony Ericsson W800i BTW :)

Albaba
Same here. Generic stick + k700i = Can control Windows Media Center :D

Also, use a software called floAt's Mobile Agent. Can send SMSs, backup my phonebook, calendar e.t.c. very good for SE's.

Dont spend any extra on a 100meter one, drains battery much much faster and most other devices are only 10meters anyway so youd still have to be within 10meters. Most pdas have bluetooth built in now.

The cheap generic one I've got uses this. Not bad, eh?

Can't tell you where to get cos of forum rules :( But its sooo cheap (unless they've gone up recently).

I maybe ordering some other stuff so might go for the MSI BToes 100M Bluetooth USB Dongle (NW-000-MS) Price: £12.95 (£15.22 Including VAT at 17.5%). Is it worth it?

Back
Top Bottom