Blurry Twitter Profile Image

Associate
So thought I would add a little festive cheer to my Twitter/Instagram profile pic. What I thought would be a quick 2 minute job has now turned into something really frustrating.

I am editing the PSD in Photoshop, using the "Save for Web..." option. Choosing Jpeg @ 100% quality. I am saving the image at 400x400px which is the required size.

This gives me the following result which looks fine:

Twitter.jpg

After Twitter has finished butchering I mean uploading it looks like this:

kd_TOe_KAq.jpg

Anyone have any experience with this problem? When I look at other peoples Profile Pictures most don't have this issue? I have also tried PNG and GIF with the same results. What am I missing?

The only difference I can see between the 2 in the OP is the uploaded one seems to have lost some colour information and appears a little lighter. No one will ever notice.

I think you're making far too much out of a very minor issue. Both look absolutely fine to me.

The only difference I can see between the 2 in the OP is the uploaded one seems to have lost some colour information and appears a little lighter. No one will ever notice.

Ok so just noticed looking on my phone the images don't look as bad but on a standard 1080p monitor they are worlds apart.

Glorious image compression. You've done almost everything you can to minimise it already unfortunately. Only the red on the hat stands out with artefacts.

When you say you've looked at other profile images, are they also illustrated or photos? The only way you'd improve yours would be to simplify. Remove gradients, thin colour lines etc. But you'll probably find compromising your artwork for the sake of compression is worse.

Back
Top Bottom