BMW Audio what are you using?

Caporegime
OP
FakeSnake said:
yes we are, if you dont like the place, why the hell come here? :confused:

am I also showing my age, when i say that ;)

Not to sure?

You never used a question mark so I'm unsure wether it was a question or a statement.

As for the topic...

BMW Mk4 computer - p/n 6590 9 115 033-01
Navigation computer mounting bracket - p/n 65.90-8 370 933
Amended dashboard centre console - p/n 54 16 8 230 903
Sat nav wiring loom - p/n 61 12 0 309 250
16:9 monitor (tape deck unit) - p/n 65-52-6 934 409
BM54 audio module - 65.12-6 934 649

Way out of budget for me,

Whats the funcutionality like with the ipod?

Associate
easyrider said:
Not to sure?

You never used a question mark so I'm unsure wether it was a question or a statement.
first bit is a statement ;)
also a typo, should have said, I am not 'am i'.

I also think thats a silly amount of money. But saying that I did spend similar on each of my Avic-X1r. but from my discussions with a few members here, the avic would not look to brilliant in the dash

Permabanned
Talk about one person ruining a decent thread.

easyrider, forget the iPod connectivity that me and Nick are using, the adapter required is in beta test and has a minimum intelligence requirement. I'm afraid you've failed to reach the level required. :)

Caporegime
OP
Wicksta said:
Talk about one person ruining a decent thread.

easyrider, forget the iPod connectivity that me and Nick are using, the adapter required is in beta test and has a minimum intelligence requirement. I'm afraid you've failed to reach the level required. :)

Its my thread and I'll post if I want to. :p
I hate macs so you maybe right

Last edited:
Associate
Just been reading through the thread, I'm buying a 330ci next week and it has the smaller screen, which has the tape unit on the side of it. Sat nav and TV.

If i wanted to upgrade to the 16x9 screen with bluetooth would i just have to change the screen only and fit the bluetooth??

Or would i have to buy everything??? Thanks

meds

Soldato
Meds said:
Just been reading through the thread, I'm buying a 330ci next week and it has the smaller screen, which has the tape unit on the side of it. Sat nav and TV.

If i wanted to upgrade to the 16x9 screen with bluetooth would i just have to change the screen only and fit the bluetooth??

Or would i have to buy everything??? Thanks

meds

I think so. You should be able to do a straight swap with the screens. £300ish for a 16:9 off eBay, and you should get close to £100 for your 4:3.

Fitting Bluetooth is a mare iirc though as you will have to lay the loom to the boot which involves removing most of the interior.

Associate
Thanks for that Nick, i read somewhere (cant find the link again, doh!!) that if you have a small screen, your runing mk2, and the widescreen needs mk4 i think.... Do you know if there's any truth in that???

Bluetooth looks like its gonna be a pain, but i might go for it anyway, anyone know of any sites that tell you how?

Soldato
Meds said:
Thanks for that Nick, i read somewhere (cant find the link again, doh!!) that if you have a small screen, your runing mk2, and the widescreen needs mk4 i think.... Do you know if there's any truth in that???

Bluetooth looks like its gonna be a pain, but i might go for it anyway, anyone know of any sites that tell you how?

I think you need at least the mk3 computer for the 16:9 screen. The mk2 is rubbish anyway, so it'll be worth upgrading. You may as well just go straight for the mk4 computer - but it's around £250-300. Mk3 goes for a bit over £100.

www.bmwland.co.uk might be the best place to look regarding the Bluetooth. Take a look in the ICE section.

Permabanned
Meds, you can find the bluetooth retrofit pdf on my site under the downloads section:

http://bmwmods.co.uk

also a list of parts there. It's not that difficult to do really, I'd say it would take a novice about a day to do it. I managed both nav and bluetooth in a single day when I did my own car. I might even be able to give you a hand if you want, depending where in London you are. ;)

Associate
Thanks Wicksta, will check them outm hopefully the bluetooth and 16 x 9 will be me summer project.... Fingers crossed i get the car on Sat...
Thanks for the offer too, will definately let you know if i need assistance dude, i'm in the east btw.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
easyrider said:
Are you all ********?

No, you are just really, really weird, and rather rude. I spent hours on MSN telling you exactly what model of car to buy, i said buy one with a screen already fitted if you want one. You didnt listen to anything i said, and in the end i had to block you as you were rude and incomprehensable. You then come on here and insult yet more people. Notice a trend in that everyone reacts to you in the same way that i did?

Caporegime
OP
Jez said:
No, you are just really, really weird, and rather rude. I spent hours on MSN telling you exactly what model of car to buy, i said buy one with a screen already fitted if you want one. You didnt listen to anything i said, and in the end i had to block you as you were rude and incomprehensable. You then come on here and insult yet more people. Notice a trend in that everyone reacts to you in the same way that i did?

Lighten up mate,

I did listen:

I bought a sport
I bought a Automatic

Caporegime
In my 7 series, I help the ergonomics of its interior greatly - not - , with this technical marvel to get my £10 1GB MP3 player to play through my speakers.... (yes that price was £10! - the adaptor cost £4.99 which by comparison is extortion!)

5567090.jpg

Looks crap but works well! ( Also works damn well with the DVD player I use in my truck! ) :)

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
easyrider said:
Lighten up mate,

I did listen:

I bought a sport
I bought a Automatic

Glad you are happy with what you got :) I just dont take being insulted behind my back very well, especially after spending hours trying my best to help.

Caporegime
Jez said:
Glad you are happy with what you got :) I just dont take being insulted behind my back very well, especially after spending hours trying my best to help.

Not wanting to insult you behind your back Jez, but a while ago I was chatting to 'Fox on MSN and was more than surprised to hear from him that you were male, until that point, I'd thought the opposite!!! :o What had given me that idea, I don't know. :o :confused: ;)

Back
Top Bottom