1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BMW M140i owners

Discussion in 'Motors' started by J35T3R, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Thanks all! Pretty much what I was thinking in terms of spec.

HK, Comfort (for heated seats and advanced cruise), Pro Nav/Media Professional or whatever its called.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  2. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

The only thing is that pro nav seems to be slightly far and few between... but it looks like it can be retrofitted ok (few hundred from ebay for screen? and some changes to car configuration?)

Interesting, thanks! I keep thinking if I go m135i, then I will always be wanting the m140i! Perhaps I'm just mental.

Good point! I did think with fancy trickery there could be larger bills when things start to age.

Cruise is standard, but the fancy one with brake assist, etc. is not. I love cruise too, I don't always do lots of miles, but when I do I always miss it!

3. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

I kinda want a well specced one just because. I actually don't use my current integrated sat navs very much.

4. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

The only cruise offered on the M140 is Cruise Control with Brake Function and this is how you will see it described.

It is not adaptive.

5. Mr Krugga

Sgarrista

Found a brochure for the 2017 BMW M140i.

https://www.group1auto.co.uk/pdf/bmw-1-series-hatch-pricelist.pdf

Looks like the "standard" Cruise Control with Brake Function doesn't even come as standard with the M140i (unless this was changed in later model years), and you need the Driver Comfort Package for it to be included (which also comes with Rear Parking Sensors and Servotronic).

6. Yas786

Caporegime

Just wanted to say thanks all, figured out what I want options wise so now into searching for one that suits me.

Hopefully won’t be too long before I get my hands on one.

7. J35T3R

Gangster

Well, it's only been 6 months with the Golf but I was annoyed every time I drove it as it wasn't the BMW.

I've been looking constantly and got an amazing trade for the Golf in against an M135i (auto) this time. Was game for either 135/140i but 140s are demanding a premium since I last looked in February.

Estoril Blue, Black leather, sunroof, parking sensors, Pro Nav, folding mirrors, auto, 29k miles and 1 previous owner. Unmarked, new Bridgestone Potenzas all round (not my choice but see how they go).

Pick the car up on Wednesday.

8. J35T3R

Gangster

If it's a performance thing, both are mental quick for me anyway and I would have been hard pushed to tell the difference.

9. Tee Hee Johnson

Mobster

Ended up not trying a m135i, only m140i's.

Found a nicely specced one and picked it up three weekends ago. HR, Pro Media, Comfort, Heated Steering Wheel and Adaptive Suspension (despite my reservations, but I'm glad I did).

White with the red interior, I'm loving it so far!

How are you finding yours, sounds like a nice one too!

10. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

There isn't really that much difference to be honest. The M140i has a premium simply because its newer, not because its better.

11. J35T3R

Gangster

You cant say that. You'll start an N55 v B58 war.

12. Alex_6n2

Mobster

So long as the lads with their broken N54s stay out of it, then that's fine...... :p