BMW M140i

Associate
Does the 140 have launch control?
Auto has launch control – even described in the handbook, but strangely seems to get overlooked during youtube reviews, etc when praising the LC in competitor cars.

I think mine was 29k after a decent discount from 38ish, from TRL through the BabyBMW website. At the time there was an 15month old approved used in my local dealers that was the same as I paid new (with less options) – it sold in a week! So, yeah, it seems that BMW offer crazy offers for those willing to ask, or shop around between dealers… I guess an inflated rrp can help to elevate their used car prices, as they seem like a good price compared with rrp, and they hope that someone looking for a used car might not even think to ask for a competitive new price?!?

Associate
OP
Auto has launch control – even described in the handbook, but strangely seems to get overlooked during youtube reviews, etc when praising the LC in competitor cars.

Mine was 29k after a decent discount from 38-39ish, from TRL through the BabyBMW website. At the time there was an 15month old approved used in my local dealers that was the same as I paid new (with less options) – it sold in a week! So, yeah, it seems that BMW offer crazy offers for those willing to ask, or shop around between dealers… I guess an inflated rrp can help to elevate their used car prices, as they seem like a good price compared with rrp, and they hope that someone looking for a used car might not even think to ask for a competitive new price?!?

Good to know, seems like its a buyers market.

Soldato
Soldato
M140i Shadow TRL
https://www.babybmw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=109278&sid=365f1d9ef1dd59e3981bb2a2832b428c

Here are the latest figures for the M140 shadow edition model, for orders placed from 1st April 2019 and delivered by the end of September 2019. However please note that finance quotes are only valid for 90 days once the car is ordered so may need to be run again if you are ordering 4-6 months ahead. These are Available only through me online - not from the showroom.

The figures below are a typical example. Should you wish to vary your deposit or annual mileage then apply the following.
For every £1000 of deposit reduce the monthly payment by £22pm.
For every extra 1000 miles per annum required, add £6pm. The minimum mileage allowance is 8000 miles pa.

Please use the information below to work out your own spec/figures as I am unable to reply to every single email as I work alone.
Contact me on my usual email address if you need further details or wish to place an order.
[email protected]
Lead time is usually 12 weeks however I have some M140 5 doors in stock at the old price! . Email me as usual [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BMW M140 Shadow Edition 3 door Automatic
List price £37,250 OTR
Dealer contribution £6285
BMW contribution £4000
customer balance £26,965
Customer deposit £3300 then 47 x £299.30. plus optional final payment of £13,153.50
Or Low deposit scheme £367 deposit then 47 x £367 plus optional final payment of £13,153.50
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BMW M140 Shadow Edition 5 door Automatic
List Price £37,800 OTR
Dealer contribution £6330
BMW contribution £4000
Customer balance £27,470
Customer deposit £3500 then 47 x £299 plus optional final payment of £13,513.33
Or low deposit scheme of £372.00 then 47 x £372.61 plus optional final payment of £13,513.33 (All of the above based on 8000 miles PA and 4.9% APR). Terms and conditions apply. Subject to status and acceptance.)
Price includes First years road tax, plates and a full tank of fuel. (Service plan is £299 for 3 years cover,extra)

Here are a list of the current FACTORY COST OPTIONS and the monthly payment to add to the above base price
all figures included dealers contribution and based on a 4 year PCP.

Options List;

Metallic Paint.................. +£11.35 pm (GFV inc £0)
Heated Steering Wheel........+£3.25 pm (GFV inc £0)
Adaptive M Suspension........+£7.88 pm (GFV inc £132)
Comfort Access.................+£7.10 pm (GFV inc £0)
Reverse Assist Camera........+£4.13 pm (GFV inc £132)
Grey Shade band top tint.....+£1.40 pm (GFV inc £0)
Glass Sunroof...................+£15.57 pm (GFV inc £132)
Luggage Net.....................+£1.95 pm (GFV inc £0)
Ext Electric Folding Mirrors...+£2.75 pm (GFV inc £0)
Electric Memory Seats........+£13.16pm (GFV inc £0)
Lumber for front seats........+£3.61pm (GFV inc £0)
Heated Front Seats...........+£3.83 pm (GFV inc £132)
Split Fold Rear Seat...........+£3.25 pm (GFV inc £0)
Headlight Washers.............+£3.61 pm (GFV inc £0)
Adaptive LED Headlights.....+£4.92 pm (GFV inc £264)
Front PDC ......................+£3.43 pm (GFV inc £132)
Park Assist.......................+£4.72pm (GFV inc £0)
EBT with Wifi & wireless chg +£5.42 pm (GFV inc £132)
Apple Carplay..................+£4.76 pm (GFV inc £0)
Driving Assistant............... +£7.90 pm (GFV inc £0)
Speed Limit Display........... +£4.12 pm (GFV inc £0)
Microsoft Office ............... +£2.76 pm (GFV inc £0)
Professional Media Pack.......+£13.14 PM (GFV inc £132)

Dealer fitted items
MP Exhaust with C/F Tips ..... NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR ANY M140 produced after June 2018. Sorry.
Limited Slip Differential....... + £56pm (GFV £)) .................. you get the old Diff back (if you want it...) cash price £2650. inc.
Black Mirror and front canard pack (painted gloss black) + £6.27pm (or £295 extra if not financed)

Caporegime
I wouldn't be going from a 520HP AWD to a 330HP RWD unless there's something you really don't like about the Audi... Would take a tonne of money to get the performance figures up to where you're used to.

Soldato
It's 'only' £600 for a proper remap to 450bhp or so.

But why would you want more?! I don't think I've ever encountered a situation where I've felt it's down on power. Each to their own of course though.

Indeed - it'd only be worthwhile if you constantly want to break the law.

Besides, I wouldn't have the balls to remap one. Don't want to to be on the receiving end of the blame for that engine and ZF8 gearbox failing.

Associate
OP
It's 'only' £600 for a proper remap to 450bhp or so.

But why would you want more?! I don't think I've ever encountered a situation where I've felt it's down on power. Each to their own of course though.

I wouldn't be going from a 520HP AWD to a 330HP RWD unless there's something you really don't like about the Audi... Would take a tonne of money to get the performance figures up to where you're used to.

Just fancied a change, as I had mentioned had the Audi over 8 years from new, and have spent loads on it including a fully forged engine (top and bottom) with WMI also.

I would probably end up chasing power on the BM also as its a kind of hobby of mine albeit an expensive one :)

Associate
I would probably end up chasing power on the BM also as its a kind of hobby of mine albeit an expensive one :)

LivingLifeFast (youtube) did a few videos with an old boy (74 years old or something) who had a 500BHP+ m135i, it was a bit of an animal but i think he hit a bit of a wall at 550+ which lead to him swapping to a 600+ GolfR, and now he's in a 900+ TTRS iirc.

Associate
OP
LivingLifeFast (youtube) did a few videos with an old boy (74 years old or something) who had a 500BHP+ m135i, it was a bit of an animal but i think he hit a bit of a wall at 550+ which lead to him swapping to a 600+ GolfR, and now he's in a 900+ TTRS iirc.
Yeah seen his Golf R, cracking motor, did not know he had went the TTRS route, will have a look for it.
Must have put an IMS kit on the TTRS to get those kind of numbers.

Associate
Yeah seen his Golf R, cracking motor, did not know he had went the TTRS route, will have a look for it.
Must have put an IMS kit on the TTRS to get those kind of numbers.

Think it was previously owned by some tuning company as their test car, can't recall the company but i'm sure you'll find out from watching it!

Soldato
Where are you driving a 500bhp Audi anyway? To the shops and back :D

The only thing extra horses does to a road car is lose you more petrol money whilst sat in traffic

/old buggers head on

Soldato
If you were downsizing, the M140i will colour you happy.

On long trips up and down the country I get 40-42MPG, whilst daily commute spirited driving I return around 25MPG.

Getting the power down can be tricky unless the tyres are warmed up and the conditions are dry, it will skitter but the stability control will keep it going in the right direction 99% of the time. The noise is insane, and the loud pedal definitely works well. The ZF8 is a beauty to behold and allows you to focus on steering and driving, as opposed to clunky gearshifts, or the clutch-delay valve that plague many other manual BMWs.

I don't have the adaptive suspension, and can tell you, without a doubt, that the suspension is savage to the passengers. As a driver it's not too bad as you brace against the steering wheel somewhat. Passengers get rag-dolled on anything but perfect roads.

Back
Top Bottom