BMW using Peugeot engines?

Soldato
On another forum I frequent a representative of a local Peugeot dealer has stated the following:

For those that are unaware and is quite an interesting fact, Peugeot Petrol engines are used by Ford, BMW and Mini Cooper and Diesel engines are used Jaguar and Land Rover.

I can't believe for a second BMW us peugeot engines in their cars?! I know they developed an engine is PSA for the mini/some of the peugeot **** boxes, but surely not for actual BMWs?

If so which cars use the Peugeot engines?

I've done some googling and cannot find anything to support that statement other than some information about the 4 pot engines BMW developed with PSA as mentioned above for the mini.

No, her English is appalling, I read it as

"Peugeot petrol engines are used by Ford, BMW and Mini (BMW) and Peugeot diesel engines are used by Jaguar and Land Rover".

I know PSA worked with Ford on may engines (since 1998 according to wiki) including the 2.7 and 3.0 V6 diesel in the modern jags. I also know that they developed an engine with BMW for the mini.

My real curiosity lies within BMW using Peugeot engines in their cars, then BMW have a massive range of very good engines designed in house at their disposal.

EDIT: above was posted whilst writing this - cheers paradigm

Nothing wrong with the Peugeot 1.6 engines anyway. What's the problem? :)

"This particular engine was co-developed with BMW" doesn't sound quite as attractive as "Peugeot engines are so good BMW use them".

This.

No problem, I have just never heard of anything like this (I'm well aware of PSAs links with Ford/BMW etc.) and thought it was quite the bold claim to make.

Yeah - that's it really - I understand how the world works and know everyone is at it, but I was just a bit taken aback with a peugeot dealer saying on a public forum (local forum for the town I live in) that BMW use peugeot engines in their cars, and specifically mentions the mini to differentiate between a BMW and a mini.

Bit cheeky :cool:

Back
Top Bottom