BMW using Peugeot engines?

Yeah - that's it really - I understand how the world works and know everyone is at it, but I was just a bit taken aback with a peugeot dealer saying on a public forum (local forum for the town I live in) that BMW use peugeot engines in their cars, and specifically mentions the mini to differentiate between a BMW and a mini.

Bit cheeky :cool:

I saw a diagram once that showed all the car manufacturers and linked them to show ownership, joint ventures etc but I can't for the life of me remember where.

This is from wikipedia on the automotive industry.

Daimler AG holds a 20% stake in Eicher Motors, a 10.0% stake in KAMAZ, a 10% stake in Tesla Motors, a 6.75% stake in Tata Motors and a 3.1% in the Renault-Nissan Motors alliance. They are in the process of selling back their 40% stake (11% remaining) in McLaren Group. This process will be finalized in 2011.
Dongfeng Motor Corporation is involved in joint ventures with several companies around the world, including: Honda (Japan), Hyundai (South Korea), Nissan (Japan), Nissan Diesel (Sweden), and PSA Peugeot Citroen (France).
Fiat holds a 90% stake in Ferrari and a 53.5% stake in Chrysler.
Ford Motor Company holds a 3% stake in Mazda and an 8.3% share in Aston Martin.
Geely Automobile holds a 23% stake in Manganese Bronze Holdings.
General Motors and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) have two joint ventures in Shanghai General Motors and SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile.
Hyundai Kia Automotive Group holds a 38.67% stake in Kia Motors, down from the 51% that it acquired in 1998.
MAN SE holds a 17.01% voting stake in Scania.
Porsche Automobil Holding SE has a 50.74% stake in Volkswagen Group. Due to liquidity problems, Volkswagen Group is now in the process of acquiring Porsche.
Renault and Nissan Motors have an alliance involving two global companies linked by cross-shareholding, with Renault holding 44.3% of Nissan shares, and Nissan holding 15% of (non-voting) Renault shares. The alliance holds a 3.1% share in Daimler AG.
Renault holds a 25% stake in AvtoVAZ and 20.5% of the voting stakes in Volvo Group.
Toyota holds a 51% stake in Daihatsu, and 16.5% in Fuji Heavy Industries, parent company of Subaru.
Volkswagen Group holds a 37.73% stake in Scania (68.6% voting rights), and a 53.7% stake in MAN SE (55.9% voting rights). Volkswagen is integrating Scania, MAN and its own truck division into one division.
Volkswagen Group has a 49.9% stake in Porsche AG. Volkswagen is in the process of acquiring Porsche, which will be completed in late 2011.
Volkswagen Group has a 19.9% stake in Suzuki, and Suzuki has a 5% stake in Volkswagen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom