Boo. What's up with my PC? PSU Possibly?

Soldato
Hey, not often I post about a problem so be nice! :D But anyways, I had my PC all powered down this morning for a clean as it was v.v.v.v.dusty! After putting it all back together and hooking it back up I noticed the little green led on the DFI mobo was v.dim. :confused:

When I turned the PSU on and pressed the power at the front the fans spun for about half a second then went off. I had to keep flicking the power on the PSU on and off until finally the led came on properly and it powered up. Now this has also happened once before when it was all disconnected.

Any ideas? :(

My PSU is the NeoPower 480w. Mobo is DFI Lanparty SLI-D. Now I do have a problem where sometimes it won't POST but I think that's due to the Maxtor hard drive and the NF4 chipset because AFAIK there is a problem detecting the drive, but a quick reset makes it boot properly. 90% of the time it boots fine.

But back to the other problem, Is my PSU being stupid? It is overclocked and I'm running like seven fans, 2x optical drives, 2x hdd's, a 7800GTX overclocked as well.... is 480w enough??

Thanks!!!!

Try removing everything you dont need so as to leave 1 ram stick, boot hard drive etc. and see if it turns on then and that will tell you. As it was working until you cleaned it out it sounds like static damage maybe - how did you clean it out?

ted34 said:
As it was working until you cleaned it out it sounds like static damage maybe - how did you clean it out?

When I clean it I remove the fans and graphics card, etc and spray with an air-duster (compressed air for electrical equipment) and then put them back in. I don't use a hover just incase you thought I did that. :p

I'm really carefull too, never had one damaged component yet due to me cleaning anything. Never touch the gold pins on connectors or any IC's on the PCB's etc.

the power rating of hte psu should not be the problem, possibly it is playing up. to test this you should run occt (google it) and post the voltage graphs that it gives. if they are showing large fluctuations then u should think about getting a new one. otherwise sounds like possibly a loose connection somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom