Booking with eSky/Ryanair

Soldato
Contacted by my dad yesterday in a panic that he had booked Ryanair flights through a dodgy site, turns out he just googled Ryanair and clicked on the first advertised link he saw, which was a company called eSky. From what I can see they do appear legit but there's very little web presence in general.
He ended up overpaying by around £50 however he's just more concerned that the booking is all ok and he's not going to find out a week before the flight that he's not booked on.
Thus far Ryanair have been no help and this eSky crowd only have a Polish contact number that is hit and miss at best.
Has anyone any experience with these guys?

Soldato
Never used them. However, Ryanair should be able to tell you whether the booking is confirmed or not, is there a booking/flight reference?

Even if you book with a third party Ryanair typically will email back to confirm a booking.

Soldato
You'll have to do online checkin with Ryanair a couple of weeks before you fly so they'll need to give you some sort of flight details. Unless eSky plan to check in online on your behalf?

Soldato
OP
I think that is their plan. My dad contacted Ryanair and they said that because it was done through a third party the usual flight check wouldn't work. I may be wrong but I think they cross check your email address with the flight number or something and since eSky booked the flights on his 'behalf' his own email wasn't used.

Soldato
He should still have a ryainair confirmation number/flight number to check. no matter who you book via the ryanair booking reference number will work on ryanair site. If he has nothing/or it doesn't work. Cancel and rebook direct but watch out for cancellation charges.

Soldato
OP
Yeah plan A would certainly be cancel and rebook but these guys' T&C's are as clear as mud, he's gone and got himself into a right little pickle!
Thanks for all the replies so far.

Man of Honour
So easily done and a lesson for everyone.

Last year 25 of us were claiming off Thomsons for flight delays in and out from Cyprus and the brides dad sent my wife a text with the official web page to go to.
She decided to type into Google 'Thomsons flight delays' and came across what looked like their page and she filled all the claim in.
It was only when we got emails asking us to digitally sign them that I got suspicious and we went the proper route.
We were waiting for them to bombard us with reminders but they never did, if we had gone with them we would have lost around 40% of our claim.

Soldato
He should still have a ryainair confirmation number/flight number to check. no matter who you book via the ryanair booking reference number will work on ryanair site. If he has nothing/or it doesn't work. Cancel and rebook direct but watch out for cancellation charges.

This.

If you've an account with Ryanair (and you don't need to purchase a flight to create one) you can add the booking reference to your account online through the Ryanair website. You'll likely need to do this to check in anyway. If it doesn't work then something is amiss.

Man of Honour
Looks (kind of) legit. But a quick Google shows terrible reviews and issues with being charged insurance when you didn't ask for it. It just seems a horrible company to deal with based on those reviews.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I don't think he's all that annoyed at being charged the extra although it is totally uncalled for. It seems they just book the flight for you with most of the optional extras "included" by default for a fee.

Associate
Hi- please was there an outcome to this?
After a 12 hour shift and being very stupid I have managed to book with bloody esky by accident too. On credit card mind, so have tried to get the bank to get the money back. But I don't know what to do. Right pickle.

Caporegime
often the cheapest airline tickets for budget airlines are on their own website.

still never as cheap as they should be though, prices are determined by season more than anything else.

fly to Switzerland all the time with easyjet, plane has only ever been full when a school trip is taking place or a business conference is happening.
often the flight has been only half full.

tickets aren't dirt cheap just because the flight was only half booked.
varies from anywhere between £20 - £200

only thing that seems to alter the flight prices are what season it is and if it's the summer holidays or not.
seems like expected demand > actual demand is driving the prices

Last edited:
Hi can i get some help, i booked 3 tickets to dublin at christmas 1 passenger my son, 16 has autism and other disabillities. I send him to ireland every year never had a problem before in years.
I got no communication or support from esky live chat when i sent several messages asking for special assistance and information about flight info. It got to point i paid for 3 other tickets direct with ryanair site. As i didnt know whether esky booking was completed. I rang airline got no help and rang esky no answer, my son went into a massive meltdown screaming im a liar.
Payment was pending on my credit card for ages. I rang my bank explained problem and followed their advice completely.
Esky had my so called booking information as flying out with airlingus and returning with ryanair. For days the esky booking was "pending"
I flew out on the 2nd lot of tickets i booked.
My bank launched a refund request once i returned from esky.
Esky are saying booking was completed. Ive searched my emails for information using the words airlingus no email available. Ryanair sent me my booking and checkin email no problem. I wanna make sure esky emails are not mixed up with second tickets i bought direct from ryainair.
Esky are stating they sent email.. but when i was trying to contact esky the day after i booked first tickets i rang air lingus and ryanair both said booking information and email address didnt exsist.
Is there anyway i can look up booking numbers from flights in dec last year to check everything fully? And can i get full refund from esky? Lack of communication and support is disgusting all i wanted was information for my son in the end ive had to pay double fares and nearly 400 pound out of pocket. All this stress all because i needed information for a young disabled teenager, i got nothing in return of support from esky. Im disgusted in the way ive been treated. What can i do?

Back
Top Bottom