Books: I fancy a good mystery/who done it kinda thing

Suspended
"The Ambler Warning" by Robert Ludlem is awesome (the guy responcible for the Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum)

Its about a some operative who's been banged up in a island asylum and his memory gets manipulated, then he's kind of manipulated into doing stuff by shady CIA members

Truely awesome tbh

Soldato
My favourite crime/thriller writer around is Jeffery Deaver. You get loads of twists, and its not very often you can guess "who done it!".

Big back catalogue too, with three diff series to pick from.

I'd start on The Bone Collector, first of huge series.

Soldato
AthlonTom said:
Thats the one - I had to go upstairs and look after I posted that!

Yes I think Ludlum has passed away, but the legacy continued itself....

I'm waiting for the Paperback versions of the following new titles:

Thomas Harris - Hannibal Rising
Frederick Forsyth - The Afghan
Stephen Leather - Hot Blood
Andy McNab - Recoil
David Gemell - Troy: Shield of Thunder

More of the Action/Thriller type of books. I just read "Day of the Jackal" by Frederick Forsyth, damn good book still!

Soldato
OP
had a quick wander to town on my dinner break and had a look round. i decided to get The Ambler Warning. sounds like its right up my street (the bourne films were great).

I also liked the sound of Dark Hollow but the shop didnt have it in stock (typical!). when i read the blurb and a few reviews of it, i get the impression its a bit like condemned (the PC and 360 game) but with the whole messed up situation the main character is in from his past with his wife and kid

Soldato
OP
player said:
SPOILER ALERT...

It was mustard, in the kitchen with a revolver.

WWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

damn you!!! was lookin forward to tryin to work that out.......though mustard?!?! lol don't think i'd have guessed that, even with my l33t ninja deduction skills :)

Suspended
Dr_Evil said:
Andy McNab - Recoil

Another good McNab - Chris Ryan's new ones not a lot of cop though.

For anyone who hasn't read it; Tom Cancy's Red Storm Rising is absolutely awesome, even though its around 20 years old, its about the soviets going west, very very good

Back
Top Bottom