• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Booted my PC up this morning......

Soldato
.....and it has artifacts all over the BIOS screen, I've checked the cables, TV, the card (AGP 1950 PRO)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-137-SP

itself. It boots into Windows, but it doesn't display anything on screen, the thing with my LCD TV is that if it doesn't get a signal it displays a blue screen, I swapped it out for a 'dead' 9800xt and for the 3 seconds that it worked it didn't display the artifacts, by artifacts I mean white patterns (dots basically) on the BIOS Screen and, because I had no peripherals in, it displayed the 'no keyboard' error they changed to red stripes, horizontally, all the way along , but with breaks in (its very hard to describe :confused: ), I also swapped the actual monitor out port for the cables and it still displayed the artifacts, so, the million dollar question is, should I phone and get an RMA?
edit: I'm writing this on my work lappy.

Soldato
RMA it.

If you can't then just leave it off for awhile and try it again. My Mums 9550 went off the rails but seemed to correct itself using this logic.

Back
Top Bottom