Borderlands 2 release date confirmed ( Launch trailer also )

Gaige the Mechromancer is awesome! Probably my favourite character :p

Deathtrap is a badass just as himself / a moving turret / distraction, but when you improve him with a laser beam and the ability to repair your turrets he's even more awesome!

Plus Gaige herself is a great all-rounder, I prefer to stand-off and snipe a little, then while DT is drawing fire I'll wade in with shotguns and go blasting close-range.

Some of her quips are brill too "I should build you another arm, JUST for high-fives!"

Super tempting to try and tbh wouldn't mind having a go at the Siren again. That said still trying to get through Axton on Normal! 67 hours in now.

Finally got a second wind with damage over time from electricity – it was so hard to get. Took me ages. 357 hours and I'd never gotten it apparently. I had loads with the other elements but for some reason the shock one was tough.

OK I finally got the Hammerlock DLC, as level 55 Commando, (yes you were right, it is a bit rubbish compared to Tiny Tina’s which was great fun) but there’s a boss in it, a seraph guardian, voracidous the invincible, apparently you're supposed to have a group of people to kill him, I tried a couple of times myself but some other boss, the chief, has a shield that does not seem to go down with my shock attacks. Even though I can barely put a dent in the main boss, the other guy then gives him his shield as if it wasn’t impossible enough already. Why don’t shock attacks seem to work on this shield?

From any of the solo guides or youtube videos on him, they need legendary mods and grenades or specific weapons from other DLC that I do not have. I have like one legendary smg (level 49) and I have never gotten a legendary class mod or grenade etc. Any suggestions or do I just need more people?

Cheers.

Also, to the person concerned that Borderland 2 might be “too easy”, you have nothing to be concerned about. That is all.

OK I finally got the Hammerlock DLC, as level 55 Commando, (yes you were right, it is a bit rubbish compared to Tiny Tina’s which was great fun) but there’s a boss in it, a seraph guardian, voracidous the invincible, apparently you're supposed to have a group of people to kill him, I tried a couple of times myself but some other boss, the chief, has a shield that does not seem to go down with my shock attacks. Even though I can barely put a dent in the main boss, the other guy then gives him his shield as if it wasn’t impossible enough already. Why don’t shock attacks seem to work on this shield?

From any of the solo guides or youtube videos on him, they need legendary mods and grenades or specific weapons from other DLC that I do not have. I have like one legendary smg (level 49) and I have never gotten a legendary class mod or grenade etc. Any suggestions or do I just need more people?

Ignore Chief Ngwatu as if you kill him the boss will mutate and will be much harder. The shield does go down, you just need a tone of shock damage. A good source of shock damage are Tesla grenades which, when thrown, create a circle of tesla coils that damage continously.

If you don't have a Tesla grenade mod, your best bet is the Trespasser sniper rifle, a quest reward (look it up) which has the perk of ignoring shields completely. Combo the Trespasser with the Magic Missle grenade mod (common drops in Tina's DLC from certain mages).

Magic Missles are a must for solo UVHM and, considering enemies scale up with your level, you can upgrade them regularly by visiting the mages that drop them every now and then. Also, they "regenerate" in your inventory so you rarely run out.

Last edited:
Ignore Chief Ngwatu as if you kill him the boss will mutate and will be much harder. The shield does go down, you just need a tone of shock damage. A good source of shock damage are Tesla grenades which, when thrown, create a circle of tesla coils that damage continously.

If you don't have a Tesla grenade mod, your best bet is the Trespasser sniper rifle, a quest reward (look it up) which has the perk of ignoring shields completely. Combo the Trespasser with the Magic Missle grenade mod (common drops in Tina's DLC from certain mages).

Magic Missles are a must for solo UVHM and, considering enemies scale up with your level, you can upgrade them regularly by visiting the mages that drop them every now and then. Also, they "regenerate" in your inventory so you rarely run out.

Cheers, I don’t have that sniper rifle as I must have gotten rid of it after the quest. Any other way to get it afterwards?

I did Tiny Tina's but never saw any magic missiles, I'll look them up.

Cheers, I don’t have that sniper rifle as I must have gotten rid of it after the quest. Any other way to get it afterwards?

I did Tiny Tina's but never saw any magic missiles, I'll look them up.

Did you complete the quest in UVHM? If so, there's no reliable way to get it, just a small chance for it to drop, I think.
Do you know how to get keys for the Sanctuary chest? There are tricks you can do with them, if you want to "cheat" a bit.

If I were you I wouldn't bother doing too much work at optional bosses until the level cap is reached. Some of them were designed for groups, making them difficult for solo players, without very specific equipment.

Did you complete the quest in UVHM? If so, there's no reliable way to get it, just a small chance for it to drop, I think.
Do you know how to get keys for the Sanctuary chest? There are tricks you can do with them, if you want to "cheat" a bit.

If I were you I wouldn't bother doing too much work at optional bosses until the level cap is reached. Some of them were designed for groups, making them difficult for solo players, without very specific equipment.

No I completed it in TVHM, I stopped UVHM because it's not fun, it's too tactical and I got so tired of having to constantly change weapons out every few seconds.

What can you do with the sanctuary chest? I don’t normally cheat in games but I will definitely make an exception for this one, those raid bosses are practically impossible for people that don’t cheat or farm legendaries hundreds of times etc.

No I completed it in TVHM, I stopped UVHM because it's not fun, it's too tactical and I got so tired of having to constantly change weapons out every few seconds.

What can you do with the sanctuary chest? I don’t normally cheat in games but I will definitely make an exception for this one, those raid bosses are practically impossible for people that don’t cheat or farm legendaries hundreds of times etc.

You can get a tone of keys here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195219910#

One way to "cheat":

-activate 10-20 keys (or more), exit game;
-copy your Borderlands 2 folder from My Docs, paste it elsewhere;
-run the game, use up all they keys.
-if you get stuff you needed (tesla greneda, good shock weapons), done.
-if you aren't satisfied, exit game;
-delete your Borderlands 2 folder from My Docs;
-put the one you saved elsewhere in it's place;
-this will override Steam Cloud, you lose all the weapons from the chests but you have 10-20 keys again;
-repeat until satisfied.

Oh and be very careful when you play with that folder, Borderlands 2 is one of the few games where whatever it is you have on your PC overrides the cloud. Normally, it's the other way around.

Last edited:

I didn't know that any weapons in BL2 regenerated ammo. I'm currently playing through DLC4, so this is a good titbit. Thanks!

You can get a tone of keys here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=195219910#

One way to "cheat":

-activate 10-20 keys (or more), exit game;
-copy your Borderlands 2 folder from My Docs, paste it elsewhere;
-run the game, use up all they keys.
-if you get stuff you needed (tesla greneda, good shock weapons), done.
-if you aren't satisfied, exit game;
-delete your Borderlands 2 folder from My Docs;
-put the one you saved elsewhere in it's place;
-this will override Steam Cloud, you lose all the weapons from the chests but you have 10-20 keys again;
-repeat until satisfied.

Oh and be very careful when you play with that folder, Borderlands 2 is one of the few games where whatever it is you have on your PC overrides the cloud. Normally, it's the other way around.

OK I got a Tesla. Actually enjoying the side quests in Hammerlock more than the main story now so I’ll stick with them for a while. Those Tesla grenades are great for those annoying Chiefs. I’ll leave the boss ‘til the end – were you saying it’s actually better to just ignore him? I don’t have any of the specific weapons guides say you need to beat him quickly.

Must check out those magic missiles next, I have Tiny Tina’s but didn’t see any when I played through it. Anywhere in particular?

Read this list and it immediately made me think: Destiny. At least some of those wishes are likely to be met by Bungie's new FPS (SP experience, Improved Enemy AI, Different worlds and more customization).

I think that's the difficult balance for Gearbox, in wherever they take next Borderlands. Could well go down the full always online Server/MMO FPS or deliver more of the same with an improved online experience.

What ever it does I kind of hope it keeps it humorous, dumb and cartoon style of gunplay. But BL2 with more classes, locations, armour items and much more customization is a starting point.

80 hours on my commando now. Nearing the end of normal run through (ignoring DLC).

Read this list and it immediately made me think: Destiny. At least some of those wishes are likely to be met by Bungie's new FPS (SP experience, Improved Enemy AI, Different worlds and more customization).

The problem with Destiny is that it's unlikely to be coming to the PC. Bungie have said they have no plans to take on even more than the gargantuan work that Destiny involves.

OK I got a Tesla. Actually enjoying the side quests in Hammerlock more than the main story now so I’ll stick with them for a while. Those Tesla grenades are great for those annoying Chiefs. I’ll leave the boss ‘til the end – were you saying it’s actually better to just ignore him? I don’t have any of the specific weapons guides say you need to beat him quickly.

Must check out those magic missiles next, I have Tiny Tina’s but didn’t see any when I played through it. Anywhere in particular?

When the Chief dies, the boss mutates right away and starts throwing those big shockwaves. If you don't have issues dodging them through the whole fight, feel free to make the kill from the start. If you let him live, the boss only mutates when his hitpoints are low and the fight is close to an end, makin the shockwaves less of an issue.

Wizards have a good chance to drop any of the "spell" grenade mods: lightning bolt, fire bolt and magic missiles. There's an underground/sewers dungeon that has plenty of wizards and their badass counterparts - you'll find it there eventually.

The problem with Destiny is that it's unlikely to be coming to the PC. Bungie have said they have no plans to take on even more than the gargantuan work that Destiny involves.

Yes, very true, no announcement and as you say unlikely to arrive on PC.

I bought PS4 last November partly becuase I'm looking forward to playing Destiny on that.

Back
Top Bottom