Borderlands 3

Associate
So is it just a few meme gfx settings that are tanking performance? 1080p ultra needs a 1070 for 60fps. I think this performance requirement is hard to justify for its cel shaded design

Soldato
This game is having a laugh. Cartoon graphics crippling systems, not to mention the denovo implementation. If this is the state of PC gaming in 2019 then God help us all.

Man of Honour
This game is having a laugh. Cartoon graphics crippling systems, not to mention the denovo implementation. If this is the state of PC gaming in 2019 then God help us all.

Herein lies one of the issues with PC gaming in general and all the different specs and set ups that people have. I'd hate to be a dev trying to get the near endless spec configurations out there balanced. For example, my system isnt crippled in the slightest and runs the game silky smooth and the denovo implementation doesnt affect me in the tiniest bit but for others they have issues with one or both of those things. Uniformity is one advantage that consoles do have I will admit.

(though I still wouldnt touch one for gaming on..PC RULES !! :D )

Soldato
Soldato
Has anyone else tried the Torgue shotguns in sticky mode? Been playing a friend's copy who's using Fl4k and those shotguns are absolutely insane, literally killing most enemies in 2-3 reloads with a 2 round magazine size. Every other weapon I've used feels weak in comparison.

Man of Honour
The FPS issues are driving me mad now :( the game is great

I feel for you, although performance on my rig has been fine (except for lag when looking down the scope, but I have sorted that out now) I do sympathise with those who are having troubles because as you say the game is great. I hope they release a patch soon which fixes the issues for those with them

Associate
I'm playing with mostly ultra except for Volumetric Fog and Material Complexity which I had set to medium as doing so gave a pretty big performance boost, I also have motion blur off. Playing at 1440p on an RTX 2060/Ryzen 3700x/16gb 3200 ram I was pretty much locked to 60fps until I went to the planet they use in the benchmark, now I'm dropping into the 40s pretty often :/ Dropped the settings down a bit more but didn't really help. Shame as I'm really enjoying the game but it getting pretty annoying now.

Man of Honour
Yeah it's all over the Gearbox forums. Disable cloud saves and back-up your local savegame files after every session (or more frequently if long sessions).

I never used the cloud saves anyway, was one of the first things I disabled before I started my first game. Its just one of those things I turn off in all my games, like motion blur.

Soldato
I never used the cloud saves anyway, was one of the first things I disabled before I started my first game. Its just one of those things I turn off in all my games, like motion blur.

I didn't even realise the Epic thingy supported them or I'd have done the same. I'm proceeding from an assumption that the Epic store/launcher is garbage and missing just about every imaginable feature, which is usually a fairly safe assumption.

Caporegime
Started playing yesterday, and was getting horrible stutter.

Thinking 'oh no' I'm now randomly getting issues like many other people, until 30 minutes later my laptop shuts down. I hadn't turned on the plug so was playing on battery mode, haha! All good when I powered properly.

The Laser Tag boss was a slog though, no ammo after all the preceding fights meant it took ages with a crappy assault rifle.

My favourite weapons so far are the Boo+, fire a shot, reload, repeat until you have an army of little slaughter guns running around, and my second legendary, an electric pistol that is still my strongest weapon 5 levels later (AAA or something).

Back
Top Bottom