Bored...

Associate
HI all

Thinking of changing my musical fidelity A3 CD player so something newer, some thing in the region of £1K, what would you guys suggest?

Cheers.

Soldato
Going to another player in the similar price point is probably a waste of money.... your not really going to gain much in "quality" more a change in style and presentation..... I'd say spend £1950 new or less s/h on a Linn Majik CDP....if the rest of the system is good enough these are seriously musical players !!...... As Linn has just launched the next model up, (Akurate CDP) there should be a lot of these about used soon, as people upgrade....

You could try something from NAIM, BUT TRY IT IN YOUR system, as they have a strong character, I can't listen to them for more than about 5 mins...so it's personal taste.
Also the new Rega Apollo players are said to be cracking machines, and a bit cheaper I believe.
Get down to the dealer for some dems :D

Associate
OP
Reality|Bites said:
Why on earth would you spend £1K on just a CD player?

Why would you want to spend £787 on a Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800, as it does the same as my 3200+ 939???

Why spend £50K on an M5 when a ford focus does then same???

Last edited:
Permabanned
£250 would be my max on a CD Player.

Although I only spent £150 on my CA Azur 340C

Does the job, better than any standard hifi you would buy from Dixons etc...

I just don't see the point on spending large amounts of money on such a simple item as a CD player really.

Soldato
I'm going to give reality bites post more credence than it's probably worth by adding - if you're using it as a transport going into a decent DAC (removing jitter etc) can you then really here a difference between a £500 CD player and a £1500 one, or is it just sound signature rather than sound quality that changes?

Associate
OP
Reality|Bites said:
To compensate for a small penis?

It maybe small but it has plenty of girth.:p :D

Reality|Bites said:
Why on earth would you spend £1K on just a CD player?

Now have decided that i'm going to put all my system om MM and get a BOSE..........

Last edited:
Soldato
I suggest listening to a Myrayd CD player.

My current CDP is a Myrayd MC100 (£700) which I've had for ages connected to a Musical Fidelity A200 amp and Castle Harlech speakers.

I found the MF CD player lacking in detail when coupled with the A200. The MC100 provided that detail.

Back
Top Bottom