Boris and the burka

Associate
Do Muslims who live here want to treat the UK as a middle eastern country? I'm confused?

Answers on a postcard please.
none of the ones I've ever met or been friends with haven't, no. I would even say most of them even liked living here, you know, given that they chose to move here in the first place. Not forgetting the ones that were born here and lived here their entire lives as well as their parents and even their grandparents.

Being Muslim doesn't mean you hate Britain anymore than being Catholic would.

Caporegime
I'm confused, do people want the UK to treat non-Brits as second class citizens because a few countries around the world do the same?
Is that what we've said?

Can you read and comprehend?

No, you're doing the usual "outraged SJW" thing of deflecting and inventing positions to argue against that nobody actually proposed.

It's boring, you know?

Soldato
OP
none of the ones I've ever met or been friends with haven't, no. I would even say most of them even liked living here, you know, given that they chose to move here in the first place. Not forgetting the ones that were born here and lived here their entire lives as well as their parents and even their grandparents.

No, it means they want the UK to become Muslim! This is what they want.

Associate
Is that what we've said?

Can you read and comprehend?

No, you're doing the usual "outraged SJW" thing of deflecting and inventing positions to argue against that nobody actually proposed.

It's boring, you know?

That's twice someone has been called a SJW on here, do you guys have a quota system or something? Or is it like Youtube monetization?

Soldato
So it makes me cringe when muslims complain about being "2nd class citizens" in the UK and in the US (which they do, frequently).

Non-muslims are legally 2nd class citizens in muslim countries, and are often beaten, face forced conversions, etc.
And this thread is full of people scathing of those countries yet simultaneously insisting on the removal of those elements that sets the UK apart from them.

:rolleyes:

Caporegime
And this thread is full of people scathing of those countries yet simultaneously insisting on the removal of those elements that sets the UK apart from them.

:rolleyes:
Is it, really? Is that what people are saying, or merely a fabrication to present this argument as a debate between reasonable people and far-right fascists? And a great excuse to call everyone racists at the same time?

I think people are getting wise to this, you know. SHouting "racist" and making up fake viewpoints to paint people as far-right, just doesn't work like it used to, eh?

Soldato

They may not hate Britain but a worrying amount are willing to admit to pollsters that they would like to radically change it....

The research suggests that 86% of British Muslims feel a strong sense of belonging in Britain, which is higher than the national average of 83%. A large majority (91%) of the British Muslims who took part in the survey said they felt a strong sense of belonging in their local area, which is higher than the national average of 76%.

Of those questioned, 88% said Britain was a good place for Muslims to live in, and 78% said they would like to integrate into British life on most things apart from Islamic schooling and some laws.

However, when asked to what extent they agreed or disagreed that homosexuality should be legal in Britain, 18% said they agreed and 52% said they disagreed, compared with 5% among the public at large who disagreed. Almost half (47%) said they did not agree that it was acceptable for a gay person to become a teacher, compared with 14% of the general population.

In a series of questions on the terror threat in Britain, 4% said they sympathised with people who took part in suicide bombings (1% said they completely sympathised and 3% said they sympathised to some extent), and 4% said they sympathised with people who committed terrorist actions as a form of political protest generally.

Nearly a quarter (23%) supported the introduction of sharia law in some areas of Britain, and 39% agreed that “wives should always obey their husbands”, compared with 5% of the country as a whole. Two-thirds (66%) said they completely condemned people who took part in stoning adulterers, and a further 13% condemned them to some extent. Nearly a third (31%) thought it was acceptable for a British Muslim man to have more than one wife, compared with 8% of the wider population.

Associate
I find it all a bit odd sometimes - Christians believe that everything claimed about Jesus is the truth (effectively calling Muslims liars), and Muslims believe that everything claimed about Muhammad is the truth (effectively calling Christians liars).

To quote any one of a number of fairy tales: "And they all lived happily ever after". :D

Associate
Back
Top Bottom