Kuros - 5pts
lego - 5pts
Nyvo - 5pts
Papalazaru - 5pts
pingwing - 5pts
R-evans - 5pts
Raptor - 5pts
rubberduck - 5pts
Russinating - 5pts ([URL="https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29196452&postcount=29"]Taken from here.)

Seabiscuit - 5ts
Sonea_Fifer - 5pts
Street - 5pts
The_Abyss - 5pts
timmeh - 5pts
Touch - 5pts
TwsT - 5pts

bam0 - 4pts
Mrs_Seabiscuit - 4pts

Dante6491 - 4pts
Maccy - 4pts

Feek - 0pts* - Hamtests Jimmy's Punk IPA (Rule 3 states 'Homebrew is NOT allowed'. For me, this falls into that group.)

The lovely people at BrewDog today confirmed that they wouldn't be taking any legal action on the grounds of copyright infringement. They are all for the little guys out there. As a thank you ( and bum cover for myself) ...

The Original, and still the best:

nc6s7.png

* = 5pts awarded as it turns out it actually is BrewDog Punk IPA (BrewDog peeps, Tweet incoming!) :D

Barstool Fallers:
Ahleckz
DrunkRufie
Gambisk
hilly
inogen
Kanifee
Keyboards'Fear
One_More_Solo
oulton
rexehuk
Sagalout
Silent
taB
the_r_sole
tomoW1
Wez130

Next Week - Just Enough.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
That's a label created by an individual, I'd say that is the same as a homebrew.

But then again, nobody posted Punk IPA.

5 points I say! As long as Feek can prove that's what he drank ;)

That's how I will treat it, as BrewDog Punk IPA and as no one has entered it, then 5pts. Just need it confirming.

Caporegime
OP
**** nuggets! After I posted the above I went to my Gmail and it showed the sent time as now. I'm on holiday skiing in France and had the email drafted and sent it as soon as I logged onto the chalets Wi-Fi, which would have been about 6pm UK time. I think me going in and force refreshing my outbox then only triggered the send after being on airplane mode/no background data.

I know rules are rules but I genuinely sent it before the deadline. And as you know I send all my entries on the day as I like to keep my options open (thought I might find an interesting French IPA but our flight was delayed for 3 hours so haven't even been out).

The one I submitted which I presume has now been delivered is Swedish from when I was there in December so took it ages ago as well!

I know there's no polls anymore so I beg you as judge, from me as a tipsy on red wine consistent participant with a two month old photo to make a last minute exception. I know you probably thought I was one of the shock non-entries as well (because I would have delivered in time if not for crap Wi-Fi/background data).

PS. Did I mention I love you? Or should I say je t'aime.

Russ just remember there is no backing out of this relationship, you don't do reversing remember... xD

Task in hand (no pun), I have checked the email sending log and it does show a time difference which sort of backs up your skiing story... Two weeks to send it and you get IPA greedy :p

In the nature of the good spirits shown tonight, I think everyone is allowed a late one, once, one time, ONLY!

5pts.

Caporegime
OP
Two questions (I'm looking up some beers in search of a Q-round beer):

Is Seabiscuit's beer called Double Jester or Double Joker? Can't seem to find a Double Jester.

Secondly, I noticed some of the entries are referred to as American Style IPAs. What exactly is the difference? Are IPAs subdivided into things like American, Double, Black, etc? I've never really tried any IPAs until this competition, so I know nothing about them. Which do people generally prefer? The one I bought was extremely fruity (presumably from the hops). It's classified as "IPA - Session". To be honest, I didn't like it all that much.

Good spot on the 'Joker'! It's another great beer from the William Bros. Brewery and one I've sampled myself. As for the mistake, blame Seabiscuit having a little laugh. He very decently (as do some others) names the beer in the email. To save time, I cut and paste. Jester, Joker easy missed.

Waves fist at Seabiscuit :p

Now corrected.

Back
Top Bottom