Bought a new bike

Soldato
OP
dscn0337b.jpg

dscn0338k.jpg

Here you go :)

Associate
Damnit! When I first looked at that I thought it was an 800 GS thing!

That triple is narrow! Looks pretty nice, though the top box is... efficiently designed! :p

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, i have had it since saturday and only done 30 miles the weather is too bad, were pretty flooded. But fingers crossed i got next week off, so the weather might improve.
Bought a rear hugger for it aswell now, the mud flicks up a bit too much.

Soldato
OP
Well ive had the bike for nearly two weeks now, so far im really impressed. Due to poo weather ive only done 180 miles which is killing me cause i should be about 600-700 miles by now.
Positives:
Excellent steering and control, i really think it cant be improved in that area. I would even recommend it to new riders for a first time big bike, its just so forgiving and easy to control with the wide steering position.
Engine sounds sexy as hell with the meaty arrowhead exhaust. The engine just seems so calm and relaxed whatever gear and rpm i got it at, its almost taunting me "is that all you got".
Negatives:
Brakes are pretty average (comparing it to my hornet) when i need to make a quick break it doesnt stop as quick.
Finishing touches seem to be left out a bit like no plugs covering some of the bolts and some exposed cableing needing some lubing.

I really do love this bike, it looks,feels and sounds great and is my fav bike and i cant wait to get some serious miles under it.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Must be a bit disconcerting having worst brakes than your previous bike, Can you upgrade the calipers & pads ?

Glad you're enjoying it though & Gutted about the weather, I've even stopped riding my Funduro. :(

Soldato
OP
Must be a bit disconcerting having worst brakes than your previous bike, Can you upgrade the calipers & pads ?

Glad you're enjoying it though & Gutted about the weather, I've even stopped riding my Funduro. :(

The brakes are still good but when it comes to braking hard thats when it struggles.
Yeah poor weather makes me and my bike sad, i may get a little ride today though.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Maybe you're not being hard enough on the brakes because of the conditions, Even subconsciously I think we all ride a bit girly when it's like this.

Soldato
OP
Maybe you're not being hard enough on the brakes because of the conditions, Even subconsciously I think we all ride a bit girly when it's like this.

Maybe, like i said ive only done 180 miles so this bike is still new and im not 100% pro on it yet:p

Soldato
OP
Gutted came off my new bike round a roundabout just slipped off. Wing mirror, right indicator and some plastic gonna cost me about £100-£150 to replace the parts myself.
Banged my nose quite hard made lots of blood come out everywhere all on the bike and road. Just gutted, thats all i can say:(

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Well thats a damn shame fella, i damn near fell on my arse just stepping out the front door this morning, was well icy, the thought did cross my mind that this is a lousy day to be out on a bike.

Associate
We've all done it. Don't let it scare you, get right back on the bugger and ride it (Just take it easy around those circular things in the cold and wet).

Back
Top Bottom