Boxing day sales

Associate
Quick question, as Ive never been boxing day sales ever in my life as this is my first time spending Christmas in the UK I was wondering are majority stores open and how far do the sales go? in terms of % decrease in price, Im hoping to get a suit and a watch (something like sieko/citizen) but dont know if Im asking for too much

Man of Honour
You can get some pretty decent deals, maybe 50% off decent items at best.

I might brave Bicester village on boxing day... might involve getting up at 5 or earlier though :o

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Don't bother.... Especially if it relates to Next sale..

It's like OMG BUY EVERYTHING FROM NEXT OMFGZ GET IN THERE

Associate
OP
You can get some pretty decent deals, maybe 50% off decent items at best.

I might brave Bicester village on boxing day... might involve getting up at 5 or earlier though :o

oh wow 5, Im just hopping to go to Richmond (has a small highstreet with good quality brand shops), I live in London but I wont be crazy enough to go to something like Westfield or Oxford Street

Man of Honour
With the exception of the odd loss-leader shops generally are not going to be selling desireable stuff at below cost, meaning that in reality the sales are over-rated and the savings no better than those you can get whenever you want by shopping around online.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23389954 said:
With the exception of the odd loss-leader shops generally are not going to be selling desireable stuff at below cost, meaning that in reality the sales are over-rated and the savings no better than those you can get whenever you want by shopping around online.
This man speaks sense....

Soldato

DEAR GOD NO!

Drove past it for bank holiday football last year (picked up a mate from mk and its the good way to southampton). They finished the dual carriageway from the motorway to the shops, it was a car park at 10 in the morning.

It still had cars abandoned on it when we came past the other way 7pm that evening.

Horrific event for some discounted shoes...

Man of Honour
DEAR GOD NO!

Drove past it for bank holiday football last year (picked up a mate from mk and its the good way to southampton). They finished the dual carriageway from the motorway to the shops, it was a car park at 10 in the morning.

It still had cars abandoned on it when we came past the other way 7pm that evening.

Horrific event for some discounted shoes...

Haha yes, I heard about that :D

I went on 28th December last year, or thereabouts. Got there at 7.30am and sat about in the tesco(?) coffee shop until it opened.

Maybe boxing day isn't worth it :D

daz

daz

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23389954 said:

Depends what you're after. Anything seasonal can be very good value - winter coats, jumpers, etc.

That said I personally wouldn't go out on Boxing day or queue for hours in the cold just to save a few pounds :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;23389954 said:

I'd add a caveat to that though...

The thing that has to be shifted in January sales is clothing, because the stores straight away need to make room for the new season of clothing coming in.

That's why women especially will begin queuing up as early as Xmas Day evening, because there will be bargains to be had.

Other products though, especially anything non-seaonal and a lot of electronics goods, won't be heavily discounted.

Caporegime
Lens clothing on the other hand is rarely discounted. There will he a few things but the general stuff people buy, like jeans, shirts, t-shirts and those suits won't be discounted... If you're looking for a discounted suit you're better off just looking to see when the stores have general sales, for example Moss Bros has a sale on a lot of suits at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom