Braking: How many fingers?

Soldato
Started with four, but moved to two after a couple of months, since then I’ve stayed with two, even fitted pazzo shorties on the R1; although I find I use three to four fingers fro the clutch still :D

I don’t use the front brake when riding much, it’s only when I’ve misread the road and need to shed more speed than expected, but that’s not to say I don’t know how to use them – I always practice heavy braking, never know when you’ll need it!

Associate
Depends on the bike, my VFR800 i can use 2 on the fronts since changing to ebc pads and it stops amazing well. On some of our old bikes such as the BSA Roundtank it has two rear brakes and i have been known to use my feet to slow down at times. . .

Soldato
2 here, always. Been doing it that way for years. Engine braking on the Mille is pretty good though. :p

Rear brake, like all RSV's between 1999 and 2003 is however, awful, if it even works.

Soldato
2 here, always. Been doing it that way for years. Engine braking on the Mille is pretty good though. :p

Rear brake, like all RSV's between 1999 and 2003 is however, awful, if it even works.

Mine got to the point where it wouldn't even hold me still on a hill any more at one point! :eek: . New fluid and pads has made it much better but I bet it won't last too long!

Soldato
I went for ride down the coast last night and took note :D 2 fingers for brake and 3 for clutch middle finger on the clutch for pulling power and the other two for slight pressure and comfort.

Associate
I always user 4 fingers on both road and track. I've never had trouble with needing more on the bar and 4 allows me to gauge the brake pressure best. Plenty of stop if I need it! :D

I've tried 2 finger braking and it worked fine but I've simply gotten so used to using 4 fingers that it feels "off" to do anything else.

Associate
I only use three because i cant reach it with my forth! Should probably adjust it but it doesnt really make a difference. I try not to brake just accelerate! ;)

Back
Top Bottom