Brand New *Mostly Vanilla* Minecraft 1.20.4 Tails & Trails Update server now up and running! TheMustardSeedReborn

Hey is this still running? I'm feeling a bit of a Minecraft itch latley. Tefal21 was my minecraft name, don't know if you copied the link tart whitelist too.

Is industrial craft a thing these days? I miss lava pipes :p
Hi - yes, it's still running (1.20.1 as of this second, I will update it to 1.20.4 in the next day or so). I didn't bring the whole linktart whitelist over, but you're whitelisted and good to go!
Not played modded MC for a while

Last edited:
Hi - yes, it's still running (1.20.1 as of this second, I will update it to 1.20.4 in the next day or so). I didn't bring the whole linktart whitelist over, but you're whitelisted and good to go!
Not played modded MC for a while
Awesome.

Not played in years guessing a lot has changed downloaded the client today and had to figure out my password again.

Tried sp for a few mins and are there now super fast "child?" Zombies? I got killed by a running little zombie dude :D

So I've wondered a bit out of that little town and put a small cabin on a hill in a spruce forrest. Trying to not wonder off in a big long straight line this time.

Is there a way to increase the view distance the slider in options doesn't seem to do much?

Trying to find some nice tall mountains with a valley to start a lonley mountain/moria esqe entrance.

There are a lot of new mobs and blocks it seems, also I hear we can dig deeper down now?

Render distance is set by the server. As long as your client is above the server, then that’s as far as you can see. Though there’s a link the dynmap in the OP so you can view the map and have an idea of terrain before you walk there.

And yes, the world used to be y level 0-255 but now is -64 to 320.

Render distance is set by the server. As long as your client is above the server, then that’s as far as you can see. Though there’s a link the dynmap in the OP so you can view the map and have an idea of terrain before you walk there.

And yes, the world used to be y level 0-255 but now is -64 to 320.

Ahhh that explains it thanks. Excellent i had a wonder through a little cave, wow they look different now, found pretty moss and glow berries and clay! Underground! There's a lot more stone types than before too. Should be able to make mosaics and things now in the paths.

Ah great the dyna map didn't work for me the other day it's loading now thanks will have a scout.

So 272,64,1888 there's some kind of underwater ruin with big spikey monsters that kill you in a boat near instantly.

"Gaurdian" was the death message name. Not sure if that's useful for anyone who can tackle it

-687,64,3895 is the entrance to a crazy big cave in the lake with a sort of damn wall that goes down i put some torches but can't explore past the entrance

Last edited:
If you've not played since Linktart days, then oh boy is there a whole lotta new stuff for you to discover!!

272 64 1888 = That'll be an Ocean Monument - can be quite challenging to clear as you get a mining de-buff from the Elder Guardians (of which there's usually three), and the guardians have a powerful ranged attack. Can be worth doing, as there's often sponges in there. Milk is useful to remove the debuff, and/or potions of underwater breathing. Some people like to then fully drain them and turn them into bases, or guardian farms for prismarine drops

There are massive caves now, from the 1.18 caves and cliffs update (where the world depth and height increased). There's also a biome called The Deep Dark that I haven't found as yet!

Here's a Guardian Farm that was built on the 1.15 iteration of TheMustardSeed

TaPdsuh.png

Last edited:
Awesome ^_^

Yeah there seems to be a lot more "technical" stuff with potions buffs debuffs enchantments etc

Is there a community mob farm set up somewhere? Iirc on linktart the multiple farms used to lag it so we ended up with one big one

Just realised it's been 12+ years since then, time has flown

Last edited:
There's a few community farms out and about. There's a Gold/XP farm up on the roof of the Nether, there's a gunpowder farm at -600 200 (for rockets to power your Elytra when you get one!). There's a (not very safe) path through the nether to it. There's an End xp/ender pearl farm in the End, and a Raid farm (for emeralds and totems of undying) out at -100 3200 although it's a little janky/unsafe. I have a mostly complete suite of villagers for trading that players are welcome to use.

TNT mining! Back on the LinkTart, Sylvet, Crazy_Monty, thejudochop and I used TNT to clear out a witch hut for a witch farm. This is back before the days of TNT duping. The area cleared was 256x256 all the way down to bedrock. It was a thing to behold! We decimated 2 desert biomes for the sand iirc. Took us about 6 weeks. The drop rates were insane. Again, a good 10 years ago though.

If you get a hankering for a large scale technical project, go for it, that's my type of building. Technical I'm good at, pretty I'm not lol!

elytra when you get one!). There's a (not very safe) path through the nether to it. There's an End xp/ender pearl farm in the End, and a Raid farm (for emeralds and totems of undying) out at -100 3200 although it's a little janky/unsafe.

i have no idea what any of this is >.<
whats a totem? or elytra? i found some emeralds at the top of the mountain.

there's tnt duping/ i remember we had to farm it in the huge spawner and like you say nuke a desert or two.

i have some ideas for large scale projects, give m an hour to type up the vauge outline + fix the typos. in the meantime, i dont have my hdd from back then but i had a few screenshots from back then that steam has saved. of our nether portal room, from the dwarf build, this was essentially just the front porch lol
8A2AFEC22EA25788C38A02C2C405C9B58D4E323E

3845D4F5DEC49DBD32FDB066F40DBE6837D05BAE

7A5B943C33C7A28FE2C1485DCC4097E811A715D3

81ED9B67286BB1139B39B1B7FEB4BE1016C559D7

DBDF9891ABE449E94AF4620BC6A4720CE61725E7

9B6D4FF5768AA33FDE31F5EF9CF928D1CB16E066

i cant remmber how we planned out the dome, i think it may have been pen and paper.

with the new hights we could build vastly tall underground builds. or use the extra skybox hight to make great new structures. ive identified some sites that could be good for multiple projects. its a bit weird this is the fuirst time ive really used my laptop for typing in a few years lol instead of the phone.

TNT mining! Back on the LinkTart, Sylvet, Crazy_Monty, thejudochop and I used TNT to clear out a witch hut for a witch farm. This is back before the days of TNT duping. The area cleared was 256x256 all the way down to bedrock. It was a thing to behold! We decimated 2 desert biomes for the sand iirc. Took us about 6 weeks. The drop rates were insane. Again, a good 10 years ago tho

the good old days, never did finish the big pit that was to be the entrance hall/statue hall of the dwarf build, steam fortunately still has the screen shots i took of sylvet's skin to model for his statue in there, it was going to take so many chests of lapiz lazu to build. but it does give me one idea to take the dome idea of the nether portal room, expand it and turn it into a larger lighter pantheon style structure , with a syl statue, and around the edges a large doubble helix stair case, and multiple floors mezzanine of barrel storage with signs of every single player obtainable item in the game in honour of his tireless work of sorting every chest in every major build on the server.

Last edited:

heres a large mesa, we could hollow out the inside to build a desert themed stucture in/ on

where's where I've currently set up the x is a 192 vertical Y height mountain, that gives us clouds at about that level, so if we build on top a large structure we would have "fog" inside at foot level, and gives us huge possibilities for creating a moria/that starwars hive style hollow chamber below with our buildings in the walls and bridges across. moving south from it we could build a nice cliff face open balcony style city build, that sould face conveneiently for the dynamap for carvings etc gate of erebor style.

this area bit further over has more lonley mountain vibes with an entrance more towards spawn we could use.

to the north east, large mountainous region with a seemingly huge cave and unrendered chunks behind possibly a good natural entrance way for a subterranean build.

Elytra are an End loot item, essentially a set of wings. Totems of Undying stop you from dying *IF* you have one in your hand when your hearts drop to zero. Quite handy things to have! Ender Pearls are teleport balls (lol balls) but they generally only work for a short distance (although there are technical uses for them for long distance teleporting, although that's a thread all of it's own!).

Have you setup a nether path to your build? It makes getting to spawn/back to your build faster. The screenies all look like promising locations. I've got a couple spare beacons that will be handy to help make digging faster

Last edited:
There's also a biome called The Deep Dark that I haven't found as yet!

Found it!

Directly below my mountain hut, go in the basement, down the bubblevator, through the doors on your left and down the ladder i just broke through into it.

Watch yourself the ladder currently ends over an abyss step off to the side not the bottom then down the stairs and the next ladder I've knocked up a hasty barricade of walls/fences because there's monsters and there seems to be 2 of those sensors there that summon the warden so sneak

I haven't got any silk touch tools so I'm leaving alone for now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom