1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brands for new bathroom

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by Gredawarha, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Gredawarha

Gangster

Nice to hear some positive comments on Roca, set my mind at ease as she has chosen a few Roca items.

2. Clov!s

Capodecina

Do you need strong water pressure before installing a pump like that? Where I live currently we sit at the top of a hill and the water pressure is abysmal.

3. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

I believe the pump has to be installed in a system where the hot and cold feeds are from a tank rather than mains. So in my case I have a system boiler with a hot water cylinder and a cold water tank in the loft.

4. Tinders

Mobster

I had some fitted furniture from Howdens and Wickes. Howdens didnt last too well (doors started to discolour and split), but i still got 10 years out of it. The Wickes stuff is still going strong 14 years on.

Ive used Roca ceramic ware with no issues,I even had Lidl taps last really well, that said the ideal taps i have now feel alot better, but were alot more expensive. When i do the bathrooms again, i'd spend more on the shower enclosure and tray, a friend has just has some 10mm thick glass shower enclosures fitted from VP and its so nice.

5. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

When we did our en suite we spent a good amount on the shower tray and enclosure. The previous owners had installed an awful plastic tray a 4mm enclosure, we replaced it with a stone resin tray and 10mm enclosure and there's a huge difference. The tray doesn't flex and the screen feels good and solid.

6. RockLobster

Wise Guy

Can someone have a gander at my bathroom list and see if I've forgotten anything?
    • Shower Pump
    • Shower Pump Anti Vibration Mat
    • Extractor Fan
    • Wall Tiles
    • Floor Tiles
    • Spot Lights
    • Basin Vanity Unit
    • Basin Tap
    • Basin Waste
    • Towel Radiator
    • Radiator Valves
    • Bath
    • Bath Waste
    • Bath Shower Screen
    • Bath Panel
    • Bath Mixer Tap
    • Shower
    • Back to Wall Toilet Unit
    • Back To Wall Pan
    • Cistern
    • Mirror
    • Toilet Roll Holder

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  7. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Is your installer providing tile adhesive, grout and trim? Are you going for new radiator valves?

8. RockLobster

Wise Guy

Yes installer is providing the tile stuff. Not sure what to do about rad valves whether TRV, etc. Thanks I'll add to my list.

9. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

Toilet roll holder? Get the installer to install it, it can be a complete sod of a job to drill tiles if you don't have the proper drill bits.

10. RockLobster

Wise Guy

Good point, added to the list. Drilling tiles is a right pain in the arse.

11. Tinders

Mobster

All you need is a masonry bit and a drill in drill rather than hammer mode. It’s not difficult at all.

12. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Really good quality stuff and the designs are nice too. Not aware of any installation problems and never had an issue with the stuff we’ve had.