Break checked and crashed

Associate
Hi all,

Just wanted your opinion on this one, I was break checked while exiting the M1, I lost control and crashed into the barrier.

The Audi sped up along side you forcing you back onto the road and I panicked as other vehicles were coming fast.

I was wondering if the insurance see this video would they say I'm at fault and not pay the repair? Or they will say I am not at fault and deal with the Audi insurance to pay the repair?

No other vehicles were involved.

Appreciate your opinion, video below

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you for all your replies, appreciate your comments and opinions. I must admit the footage doesnt show the whole fact and true story or even the speed (60 miles as per that sector of highway)
There were other factors in that moment that made me react the way I reacted but I accept being at fault here.

Hopefully one day I will be a better driver like most users here.

Associate
OP
So we can understand, did you try to overtake the car? Because I'm struggling to understand any of this having watched the video numerous times.
That is correct. I was worried that he would brake check me again. I tried to over take him but he sped up and was on my left.
In the mean while the white golf (that the audi cut off by going to lane 1) was now behind me and trying to overtake me on my right side (2nd lane). I guess he wanted to catch up and get revenge from the audi driver and didnt see that he was exiting. A mix of **** ups

I could have used the brakes? Of course. In my rear mirror I had the Golf and a second later I had him on my right side. So yeah, I preferred to hit the barrier instead of crashing other cars and perhaps be in a even more dangerous situation.

As I said, the dash cam doesnt show all this of course and I should have explained properly from the very beginning, also the wide angle of the dashcam shows that I was very close to the car, I wasnt. Speed was 60 m/h as per that M1 sector.

Thank you for your question by the way, it encouraged me to reply to my own post after being trolled :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
OP
What was the incident leading up to this resulting in you having the red mist?

The video doesn’t show the Audi doing anything particularly out of the ordinary.

I had uploaded few videos where it shows the audi going right and left and cutting others, I recognized it was the same car when it brake checked me so I didnt want to stay behind him.

Videos are now removed due to taking this matter further.

Of course I will accept my responsibility.

Associate
OP
you went from lane 3 right across to the slip road with no sign of the Golf so did you cut off the Golf too?
if the Golf was in the 2nd lane why did that matter when you were on the slip road? or do you mean he was in lane 1??

bit confusing!

The Golf on lane 1 that the Audi cut off from lane 3 to lane 1, the golf sped up and was then behind me (lane 1 going to lane 2)

Associate
OP
Yeah he did cut in front of the golf.

But at least he was trying to get into the right lane well before the exit.

My question is why didnt you pull over the left hand lane behind the golf?

It seems you accelerated, overtook the golf and van in the outside lane and then would have had to quickly cut both the van and the golf up to get across to the lane 1 in time?

Still your fault.

Still my fault yes. No I did not cut the van or the golf. The golf in fact sped up too to try and catch the audi

Back
Top Bottom