Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
If you want to be worried about parallels to the early 1900s, look to China... they just gold-backed their currency.

Though it is a different situation, with its own unknowns.

Associate
I don't want to live under laws that have been voted on by people from the continent. I don't think that's fair. What is good for one, isn't always the best for others.

Not sure I trust this government at the moment, our civil liberties are very much under threat, snooping and privacy very much at the forefront. The Tories are wanting to remove the Lords oversight, which is also very worryingly.

I shall used zero contracts as an example. I think the EU would rule on this long before an Tory government would.

40 years of laws now have to be poured over and revamped most probably with no parliamentary oversight, there just isn't time to make it happen inside 2 years.

Soldato
Hitler rose to power in 1933, after being voted in by the unhappy Germans, after Germany was unfairly blamed completely for the first World War.

Probably what his point is. Not sure what it has to do with the referendum in this country last week however and is another topic entirely.

Hitler was never voted in. Hindenburg was persuaded to appoint Hitler as chancellor, thinking that they'd be able to easily control him.

Soldato
It isn't their job to have a plan together should they get what they want?

Well obviously not because they weren't to know that Cameron was going to resign. It's not difficult stuff really, he gave the people a choice, he should be prepared for either outcome, however likely or unlikely.

Soldato
He didn't say that any specific laws are unfair to him. He said it is unfair that he lives under laws that are voted on by people from the continent.

But you'd agree that It is a reasonable request that you might know something of what law it is that come from the continent that you find unfair.

Man of Honour
OP
Well obviously not because they weren't to know that Cameron was going to resign. It's not difficult stuff really, he gave the people a choice, he should be prepared for either outcome, however likely or unlikely.

They weren't supposed to have a plan together at all, because they didn't know the PM was going to step down?

Do you think that he personally writes all plans?

I am absolutely convinced he was ready with next steps should remain have won. Why have his opposition failed, abjectly, to be ready?

Late to the party, but the Government should have planned for both outcomes, even if Cameron didn't want to stay to implement the Leave one.

The government should have, I absolutely agree :)

Caporegime
They weren't supposed to have a plan together at all, because they didn't know the PM was going to step down?

Do you think that he personally writes all plans?

I am absolutely convinced he was ready with next steps should remain have won. Why have his opposition failed, abjectly, to be ready?

Because its not his opposition, this isnt a general election where both sides need to show what they are going to do.

Its just a simple binary question with no requirement of plans.

Man of Honour
OP
Because its not his opposition, this isnt a general election where both sides need to show what they are going to do.

Its just a simple binary question with no requirement of plans.

It still begs the question as to why they wanted to leave. Why make a choice as to what they want, with nothing in place to move to? I can understand your Average Joe voting on the hopes of what the government are going to do. MPs voting on nothing other than hopes is despicable.

====

HAHAHAHA DC in the HoC just saying the newest member of the commons needs to keep her phone on, as she might be in the cabinet by the end of the day :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom