Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
It strikes me as odd that they don't have any strategy, no plan, not even aims.

It begs the question, why did they want to leave if they had no notion as to what even the short term future was going to be.

As far as I can tell they wanted to leave for reasons that were mostly imaginary. Now the reality chickens are coming home to roost, it's all getting a bit awkward for the Leave crowd.

I am half inclined to believe that they didn't think they would win, and assumed they could maintain their popularity with an endless series of populist promises without ever needing to honour them.

Permabanned
Well obviously not because they weren't to know that Cameron was going to resign. It's not difficult stuff really, he gave the people a choice, he should be prepared for either outcome, however likely or unlikely.

That's stupid. Why should the leave side be held totally unaccountable. Your saying they can campaign to leave and once won not have any explanation of how they are going to stop immigration, deal with the economy, nhs funding, and the next step.

What you are saying is you voted leave and now realise that your side didn't plan in the event of a win... So you didn't know what you was voting for because you didn't know how they were going to implement it. The nhs funding being an example.... How were they going to fund the nhs if that money would have to go into a failing economy. They should have at least an idea of how that was going to happen.

Caporegime
As far as I can tell they wanted to leave for reasons that were mostly imaginary. Now the reality chickens are coming home to roost, it's all getting a bit awkward for the Leave crowd.

I am half inclined to believe that they didn't think they would win, and assumed they could maintain their popularity with an endless series of populist promises without ever needing to honour them.

I suspect that is very close to the truth, used the opportunity to gain prominence on what the thought was a shot in the dark, now got to live with the consequences.

Caporegime
"Australia-wide, 48.6 per cent were negative towards Muslims, Asians (23.8), indigenous Australians (27.9), Jews (23.3) and black Africans (27)."

I love the way you cut that out of its original context and didn't even provide the source (it's here).

The full quote says:

Among the 12,512 people surveyed Australia-wide, 48.6 per cent were negative towards Muslims, Asians (23.8), indigenous Australians (27.9), Jews (23.3) and black Africans (27).

It does not say 48.6% of Australians are negative towards Muslims.

You also ignored this part:

Prof Dunn said the survey's findings were mostly positive, with Australians largely tolerant, accepting and welcoming of other cultures.

When asked if he thought multiculturalism had a future in Australia, he answered “absolutely”.

He said the survey’s results showed multiculturalism had been successful in Australia.

“About 87 per cent of Australians say that they see cultural diversity as a good thing for society … and about 86 per cent say they want something done about racism. So that tells me that multiculturalism has worked.”

So that's a ringing endorsement of Australian tolerance and the huge success of multiculturalism here. Better luck next time.

Soldato
Only the far right want referendums? :confused: :confused:

Oh so because it has been around for 40 years and Turkey, Croatia, Serbia and Kosovo wants to join it's all going well? Why do you think those countries would like to join?

Think the vast majority in Southern Europe would disagree that the EU is going well. A long with majority of the UK (who could be bothered to vote).

Croatia are already in the EU.

lol, so the leavers didn't even know the nations in the union they were voting to leave from.......

Associate
All the Leaver seem to want to blame DC for not having a leave plan which he definitely did.

He quit.

When are the Leavers going to take any responsibility for the mess they have left the country and the continent.

Until they do, I will keep my democratic right to protest this stupid referendum and have the vote cast aside as it is ONLY ADVISORY!

NOT LEGALLY BINDING!

Soldato
That's stupid. Why should the leave side be held totally unaccountable. Your saying they can campaign to leave and once won not have any explanation of how they are going to stop immigration, deal with the economy, nhs funding, and the next step.

What you are saying is you voted leave and now realise that your side didn't plan in the event of a win... So you didn't know what you was voting for because you didn't know how they were going to implement it. The nhs funding being an example.... How were they going to fund the nhs if that money would have to go into a failing economy. They should have at least an idea of how that was going to happen.

All the Leaver seem to want to blame DC for not having a leave plan which he definitely did.

He quit.

When are the Leavers going to take any responsibility for the mess they have left the country and the continent.

Until they do, I will keep my democratic right to protest this stupid referendum and have the vote cast aside as it is ONLY ADVISORY!

NOT LEGALLY BINDING!

Because it was the current government who gave the country a referendum & it should be current the government who should've planned for both outcomes. The tories are still in power regardless of the result & it should be them who should've formulated a plan.

Last edited:
Soldato

He quit.

NOT LEGALLY BINDING!

Have you ever seen the currency rates over a 10 year scale? Check XE. This is small potatoes compared to what happened with Lehman Brothers, it's not the end of the world, ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom