Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh stop it. Did you miss the video of the remain lot attacking a Lady?
Lets not go down the same path as the last thread.

We'll not be hiding any dirt you don't want to see be it makes you feel uncomfortable. What next a little censorship because it doesn't fit your aims?

Welcome to the post Brexit UK (Sunday Times):

Racist flyers urging Poles to go back to their home country were distributed outside a school just hours after it became clear that the UK had voted to leave the EU.

Laminated cards carried offensive slogans in English and Polish, stating: “Leave the EU, No more Polish vermin” and “Go home Polish scum.”

News of the incident emerged as Baroness Warsi, a former co-chairwoman of the Conservative party, made public a dossier of alleged racist incidents since the Brexit vote. She tweeted yesterday afternoon: “This is not the post-Brexit Britain we want to see. Politicians from all sides need to speak out.”

Adam Andrzejko, editor of Nasze Strony, a Polish paper for eastern England, said the cards, which were found by an 11-year-old boy at 8.30am near St Peter’s School in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, had been reported to police. St Peter’s, which is in an area of high immigration from eastern Europe, could not be reached for comment.

Presumably the start of many more dark deeds. :(

Absolutely, the single worst aspect of this is that the xenophobic nationalists are able to take it as vindication of their views, it's opened the doors to the behaviour described above.

Physicist Jim Al-Khalili recently shared some of the abuse he's received since the result: https://twitter.com/jimalkhalili

Last edited:
You can enjoy your spending money now (Sunday Times):

Holidaymakers flying out of Britain yesterday were paying nearly £1 for each euro at currency exchange desks after the pound plummeted following the Brexit vote.

The official rate at Moneycorp in Gatwick airport was €1.07 for £1. To buy €100 cost £97.20, including a transaction charge of £3.99.

One traveller tweeted: “Gatwick airport currency exchange update. One pound = one euro. So cheers, Boris.”

Another traveller took a picture of the rates with the comment: “A pound buying 1.07 Euro. This is the real face of independence.”

I would want a GE before activating article 50 - seems mad to allow the PCP to decide which person will act on our behalf to argue our rights as per our divorce from the EU.

Ultimately people werent happy when Gordon Brown didnt call for an early GE when he took power let alone now when we have such a decision/negotiation to make. Id want someone thats been duly elected...

ps3ud0 :cool:

This would be an utterly awful idea, the market uncertainties would cause a tanking far worse than that which we have seen.
Vote has happened.
Just get on with it.
Bad decision or not.

Should we leave questions, answer yes
GE basically the political class telling people to f o, we will do what we want anyway, by pretending to ask you again in a different way.

We're going to look like a right bunch of lubers if we reverse the decision and go back to Brussels with out tail between our legs. Any 'special' deals that we made before will be a thing of the past. "Please sir, I want some more" "WHAT!!!"

I still don't get who these unelected elite are.

The European Parliament is elected by the people. The European Commission is elected by the people elected by the people, and the European council is formed of elected heads of state.

Which of those people are unelected?

Stupid statement.
Basically equivalent to saying the house of lords is elected, as we elect the people who nominate the lords.
Excrement.

Makes no odds anyway, nothing to do with the point.
We need to move forward.

There is a huge amount of blame on Cameron for this ever happening.

The stupid referendum promise and the failure to properly engage the public are his crimes.

But by bailing without actually pulling the plug an opportunity exists to reconsider the result without ignoring it.

Call a GE.

What do you mean by 'reconsider the result without ignoring it'?

There was a debate, vote and result. Respect the result. That's democracy.

Holidaymakers flying out of Britain yesterday were paying nearly £1 for each euro at currency exchange desks after the pound plummeted following the Brexit vote.

The official rate at Moneycorp in Gatwick airport was €1.07 for £1. To buy €100 cost £97.20, including a transaction charge of £3.99.

One traveller tweeted: “Gatwick airport currency exchange update. One pound = one euro. So cheers, Boris.”

Another traveller took a picture of the rates with the comment: “A pound buying 1.07 Euro. This is the real face of independence.”

You can enjoy your spending money now (Sunday Times):

If they're paying those rates then they're as dumb as the caricature of the leave voters they seem to want to create...

We'll not be hiding any dirt you don't want to see be it makes you feel uncomfortable. What next a little censorship because it doesn't fit your aims?

I'm ashamed to be British seeing the behaviour of people from both camps. It is disgusting.

I wonder how long the panic mode the country is in at the moment will go on. The Leave team and Conservatives need to get something sorted fast so that the public can see we have a plan and a direction to travel. I also hope the police will be able to track down the xenophobic muppets that are striking fear into the hearts of other Europeans / foreigners at the moment. I voted out however I appreciate that if we leave there'd be an extremely high chance the freedom of movement law will remain and it isn't one I have an issue with. I like to think I have at least half a brain cell still functioning though, unfortunately it seems there are many a leave voter with zero brain cells :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom