Bricked Gigabyte AB350 Gaming motherboard?

Soldato
We installed FIFA 23 on my sons PC yesterday, it came up with the secure boot is not enabled error, we went into the BIOS to enable secure boot, and now we've got nothing.

The 4 red LEDs for VGA, CPU, BOOT and DRAM just cycle continuously, no BIOS screen, nothing at all.

I've tried removing the memory, removing the M2 drive, disconnecting the SATA drives, everything I can think of, any ideas please?

Spec :-

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Nvidia 3070FE
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200Mhz
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
2tb Samsung mechanical HDD
2tb Crucial MX500
Corsair RM750i
Gamemax F15M
Hisense R43B7120 TV

Soldato
OP
I think I last flashed to either F51b or F52e.

I've tried booting into the second BIOS, someone suggested holding power for 10 seconds on boot until the PC turned back off, then power on again, same result, unless I'm doing it wrong?

Associate
You can just buy a new BIOS chip from eBay and boot from that. Just use that going forward. You could boot the system and put the old BIOS chip in to try flash it to save the chip but I wouldn't.

Sounds like a bad BIOS but it could be a bad board. The best way to figure out what's happening is to replace the BIOS chip first.

Soldato
OP
You can just buy a new BIOS chip from eBay and boot from that. Just use that going forward. You could boot the system and put the old BIOS chip in to try flash it to save the chip but I wouldn't.

Sounds like a bad BIOS but it could be a bad board. The best way to figure out what's happening is to replace the BIOS chip first.

Does the chip just clip out and back in? I've got no way of soldering if it needs that.

Soldato
OP
@broona

I've tried method 1, I don't have a reset button on that case, could I just short the jumpers to pretend I was pressing reset? If not, I'll try method 3.

Thanks again for the replies, I'll have another play tomorrow.

Soldato
OP
Tried all 3 ways of booting into the backup BIOS again, no luck I'm afraid.

Think I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy another one, if a spend 20 quid on a chip and it doesn't work, then I'm going to have to buy a board anyway, many thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom