Brilliant, i can't install it, i can't uninstall it, i can't find it, it's bugged!

Soldato
Just installed Far Cry, right at the end it gives me an error and says something about MSDN and microsoft not liking the game.

So i go ahead and see if it works, it does, but the graphics in game are all bugged. So i try to uninstall through the Start bar, and all i get is the register with Ubisoft, as if. So i try to uninstall through my control panel, it isn't there. I then try and delete the files of the game manually, but when i try install the game again it won't let me because it thinks its already installed.

I've just rebuilt my PC and when things mess up like this and make my PC have buggy games on, it really annoys me.

Is there anyway i can uninstall this game so i can actually play it again? Or will i have to wait until the next time i can format?

Soldato
Just make a backup registry and wipe delete all registry keys containing the string "farcry", as speeduk said. If it all goes horribly wrong, you can always restore it from the backup :)

Soldato
OP
all sorted :)

managed to go to the microsoft site and download a cleaner tool which uninstalls any recently installed items no matter if they are corrupted or not.

Back
Top Bottom