Bring on brexit!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Clicky

Mandatory speed limiters to be fitted to all new cars in Europe after 2022

Following approval from MEPs, the European Transport Safety Council will impose mandatory speed limiters and data loggers on all new cars.

Sitting among a range of new safety features due for all new cars, the mandatory speed limiters come as part of a proposal from the European Transport Safety Council, recently approved by a group of key MEPs. Dubbed Intelligent Speed Assistance (ISA), the limiters will use GPS data and/or traffic sign recognition cameras to determine the speed limit of the road a vehicle is travelling on. Engine power will then be limited to match this, preventing the car from exceeding the speed limit. It will be possible to override the system by pushing hard on the throttle, however the system will be engaged every time a car is started.

Legit? I can't see this being implemented in its current guise.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
If this is implemented here I'll lose another 1.5-2hours of my life a day. Big impact for me regardless of the fact we lose another joy from driving.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I haven't read much on this so if I am misunderstanding then feel free to correct me.
If they fit speed limiters to all cars going forwards will this be the end of road going super cars? M division say bye-bye? AMG? Etc etc. Who would want to buy a Ferrari for example that can't go over the speed limit?
This could be the reason this never gets implemented in its current form. Manufactures fight back!!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
The era of prolific speeding and it making a blind bit of difference to journey times is over.
Not true at all, lots of factors especially time and location.

If I leave before 6 I'll be in work in 50-60mins.

If I leave after 6.15 I'll be in work in 105-120mins+

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Oh my god 80 miles per hour on a motorway?!! The recklessness!

Seriously if you can do 80 in peak rush hour then do 80 and then move out my way

Back
Top Bottom