Brixton Academy ?

Soldato
a well known venue, but one i have not been to, I’m going to be buying some tickets for Arcade Fire who play there in March, i have been offered 'The Circle' or Standing,

can anyone who has been there confirm what the circle is compared to seating and standing, as it appears you can do both in 'the circle' :)

Soldato
OP
Augmented said:
Standing is downstairs in the stalls on the same level as the stage - no seating. It's the largest area, sloped down to the front all the way up to the back where the bars are. There are a few raised level parts at the back and sides you can stand at (I think) if you don't wish to be in the crush of the main crowd.

BrixtonCrowd.jpg

Circle is upstairs in the balcony part, and is nearly all seated. I've not been up there, so can't comment on the quality of view, but it appears there is a limited area of the balcony where you can stand (the site suggests it's just 78 places). I'd expect standing in the circle would be a worse view than sitting in the circle.

'Standing' is very likely to be in the downstairs area, as standing in the circle would usually be listed as Circle (Standing).

thanks you very much! i'm looking forward to going, not been there before, and after reading you views i will def take the standing tickets, i'm 6'3 so views won't be a prob, i wanna be in the mosh! :D

thanks yooooooooooooooooou!

Soldato
OP
Augmented said:
No problem. You're fortunate to have the height for live music. I'm afflicted with being of the shorter stature, and so often end up as a Boo Boo in a crowd of Yogi Bears :D. Sloping floors like they have at Brixton are always a blessing.

One thing worth mentioning are the metal bars right in the front-centre of the stalls:

20050915134621sdf6.jpg

Just be aware they're there as it can be a pain if you're trying to sneakily squeeze your way down to the front, and then have all your plans scuppered when you suddenly end up with them and a solid wall of people blocking your way - can always try duck underneath though!

Hope you enjoy it, Brixton's always a good venue for gigs and seeing the Arcade Fire live should be excellent.

thanks again mate, it looks great as well, Hammersmith Apollo is very similar with slope and the bars...

Back
Top Bottom