Broadband help

Associate
I have broadband provided through Demon internet although I am experiencing 2 problems at the moment:

* My broadband will only connect when I am on the phone. As soon as I hang up from a phone conversation the internet disconnects (the 'i' goes out on the router and everytime it dials in to try and get back online, it is rejected). This is a fairly recent problem, although I have had intermitant service for a month or so.
* When my broadband is connected properly (i.e. when I can get online), my phone line has a lot of white noise. I tried replacing the phone as I thought that was the problem, but the new phone is the same.

HELP!!

I have logged the fault with demon technical support (they have forwarded to BT who should be in contact on Monday/Tuesday next week), but I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar problem and if they found a fix??

Thanks

Ed

Associate
OP
I'm working off of an extension box rather than the main box as the main box is in the bedroom - the computer is not. I have tried plugging the router in to the master box but it does not fix it.

I've tried 3 different filters and the problem is the same with all of them. Is there a difference between ADSL and DSL filters? I have 2 ADSL and 1 DSL for some reason??

How can I change the settings on them? They are just a small box with no settings options??

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom