Broken Sword Parzival's Stone and Shadow of the Templars remaster

Agreed, the characters stand out.

Still, I'm always down for some Broken Sword so will keep an eye on it. I really enjoyed 5.

I enjoyed 5. I missed out 4 as I didn't get on with the 3D graphics introduced in 3 (still enjoyed that though).

Broken Sword is one of my fave games ever, playing it through again at the moment, super looking forward to the remake. The new one will be crap though, they’ve lost the plot on trying to force cheesey comedy into it. The appeal of the original was the serious tone, and the humour was very subtle and fitted in with the dialogue perfectly. The new ones are a bit like old Simpsons vs new Simpsons.

I hope the remake follows the original though and not the God awful directors cut.

Last edited:
Broken Sword is one of my fave games ever, playing it through again at the moment, super looking forward to the remake. The new one will be crap though, they’ve lost the plot on trying to force cheesey comedy into it. The appeal of the original was the serious tone, and the humour was very subtle and fitted in with the dialogue perfectly. The new ones are a bit like old Simpsons vs new Simpsons.

I hope the remake follows the original though and not the God awful directors cut.

Could not agree more , this 100%.

Huge fan of 1+2 back in the day and often have a replay (in the last couple of weeks actually) , mainly Broken Sword 1. I was really disappointed the direction it took after number 2.
Bizarrely I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago sat outside a café (no clowns don't worry) , and did a few searches of the Paris locations. By chance I was only a 10min walk from street 'Rue Jarry' so I took a detour. There were differences without doubt but also a lot of what looked very familiar too . I've no idea if the actual location was based on this but i'm glad I checked it out.

I didn't know about the Remaster so thank you for posting this up .

Edit: A few more details:

https://www.polygon.com/23842925/broken-sword-6-bs1-remaster-charles-cecil

Last edited:
1 & 2 were definitely the best ones. I kind of enjoyed 3 but only because of the character depth previously built and how much I was already invested in the series.

I find I never get the same enjoyment out of these new old games that I loved as a kid, Monkey Island being a similar nostalgic love.

Loved the first Broken Sword, was absolutely transfixed back in the day.

Shadow of the Templars Reforged has a release date of the 19th Sep. I ended up doing the Kickstarter for this, looking forward to it!

Its been long enough for me that i've forgotten most of it.

In terms of replay value, I guess that's the same for all point and click games. The nostalgia hit hard though - I used to love them :)

Back
Top Bottom