Bromley and South East of London

Soldato
After recent going on's, I may have to move to South East of London, along the South Eastern line. I'm prinicipally looking near Shortands, Bromley South, Bickley and St. Mary Cray stations and would like to know of your opinions on the area.

Nightlife doesn't concern me, but would like the area to be leafy, safe, clean and have good ammenites.

(I'm currently in Crouch End so something similar would be nice)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies :)

This thread follows on from a recent one where I mentioned I've asked to volunteer to work in our new and shiney data centre in Sittingbourne.

I don't really fancy living there (does anyone have any knowledge of the area??) but need to be somewhere that is commutable distance by train (South Eastern Railways seem to be the operator for Sittingbourne station) as I don't drive, and also not too far from getting in to London.

I'll take St. Mary Cray off my list - how about Swanley? Unfortunatley Hayes and West Wickham stations add too much time and too many connections to get to Sittingbourne so they are a no-go :)

And yes - the price difference with where I am is quite a bit.

Soldato
OP
Commuting to Sittingbourne? I'd be looking at something a bit further out than Bromley, etc....Bromley South to Sittingbourne is around a 50 minute train journey, the only advantage is that you would be going in the opposite direction to the rest of us London commuters.

I know - I'm not looking forward to it, but it won't be a permanent thing. As you say from Bromley South station it's 50mins, which I don't mind doing, so I guess somwehere along there, with South Shortlands.

I don't want to move too far out into Kent as I can easily want easily pop in to central London.

Soldato
OP
I've narrowed it all down to Bromley, Beckenham, Shortlands - the commute from here will be bearable, plus I can use the time to do some studying.

Biggin Hill sound lovely, but not convinient transport wise.

Soldato
OP
You do realise the Kent Science park is circa a 2mile walk from the station? In the summer it may be a nice walk, but come the winter..... :)

Yep - I will have to get the 343/328/348 to KSP from the station, also I've been told the cab fare will be paid for when this is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom