BRSK

Soldato
Hi,

Anyone using these and have any feedback?

We were restricted to virgin for decent speeds but these guys plonked a pole right outside our house and I wondered what it was for, turns out they are installing in our area and the prices look good.

The router is Icotera I think, anyone know if these can be put into bypass and used with a mesh system?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Maybe I'm not understanding some of the technical stuff but I mainly need to know if I can use my existing Deco mesh with their router, I think I need to give them a call

Soldato
OP
Even if it can't replace their router, Deco still offers access point mode which will work with any router. Just make sure to turn off the WiFi on the BRSK router first.

Yeah but on their website there is this vague message that states some mesh systems will work with the router when WiFi is off and some won't

I'll just ring them and if I can't get any clarification out of them it's a case of risking it

Soldato
OP
I can't see any reason for it not to work unless the mesh system connects to the router wirelessly instead of via cable.

All the router will see is the main Deck unit connected via ethernet, it'll have no idea about the other nodes being connected together via mesh.

I think they're potentially trying to push their own mesh system and have somehow blocked other but like you say I can't see how

Soldato
OP
Had anyone successfully used mesh with the BRSK router yet?

This put me off last time because apparently it couldn't be done but virgin are hiking the prices again giving me a get out of jail card and there is a BRSK pole right outside my house so might as make use of the thing

Back
Top Bottom