BSOD! Black screen of death...

Associate
Well actually standby. Startup this morning was weird, fired up the machine, saw the Msi Platinum screen then went to tend to a noisy cat. Came back about 20 seconds later to a blank screen which was on standby? 4 green lights on the MSI diagnostic box but apparently no activity?

Hit the reset button and got brought to a windows failed to load last time, maybe new hardware etc etc So started in safe mode fine, restarted and went straight into normal windows.

So I thought I had best FTP backup latest files in case it was about all to go **** up. Tried to open Smart FTP... 'Please buy' window, 'ok'... Nothing. Everything else would open, not that. Ouch.

Scandisk, fine, defrag, my word was it fragged, and a repair on Smart and all appears to be well again. I've done a complete switch off and on without issue.

Does it sound like a momentary glitch in the matrix? There's nothing in event viewer?

Associate
i...am the architect.... what you just saw, was a systemic anomaly inherent to the matrix... err i mean your pc... lol.

i dont know to be honest, check for bad sectors on the hard drive maybe :confused: . as long as you dont suffer any more errors i wouldnt lose any sleep over it to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom