BSOD caused by overclocking or catalyst drivers?

Associate
System just crashed during a prime torture test. In the past my system just reported an error in prime rather than bsod. Ive recently put in a x850xt. Its running at stock with latest catalyst driver. Ran the microsoft error report after crash and it said caused by video driver - update it or reduce hardware acceleration. The card isnt overclocked.

I remember reading that the latest catalyst drivers were a bit dodgy but cant remember what was wrong with them. Is it likely to be them of is it just clocks too high?
Mods if this should be in windows and software then am sorry and please move

Mul

Mul

Associate
Try the Omega 6.3 Drivers. I tried the official catalyst 6.4's and they gave me severe artifacting? :confused:

Mul

Soldato
try lowering the fsb by 5 or 10mhz and running prime again.....

I know your gfx card is not overclocked but you *** be seeing the probs due to an unstable cpu as reported by prime....

Associate
OP
Got latest cat drivers now (didnt reslise 6.4 was out). Removed old ones with drivercleaner too. Havent had bsod yet so hopefully its fixed. Am sure it was related to o.c but normally when running prime i get errors within the first 10mins rather than an hour in i get a bsod.

Back
Top Bottom