BSOD errors on Laptop

Associate
Hey guys, sorry if this isn't in the right place, but I'm totally stuck for solutions to this problem!

My laptop is having some serious issues, and the company I got it from are being less than helpful. Basically, I bought it in October last year, so its only around 8 months old. After a few months, I had some serious heat issues, and it turned itself off a few times, or just froze. I eventually got it sent back for repair, and they replaced the CPU and GFX fan. I now don't have a problem with heat, but something else is up.

Every time I went to run a game or another intensive application, it kept freezing, or turning off all by itself. So, I did all of the CHKDSK things, and eventually resorted to doing a complete re-install of Windows XP. After this, I kept on getting BSOD stop messages:

STOP: 0x00000024
atapi.sys

So, I phoned the company up, who tell me to run CHKDSK /R from the recovery console, which I did, and it fixed 'several errors'. However, same errors still happening. Next they tell me to re-format again, and delete the 1 parition and do it from scratch, which I've done.

All seems fine with installing driviers and such, but now as soon as I go to install anything, or open up outlook express, or just do anything at all (lucky to have IE open this long!), I keep getting these damn stop messages!!!

I do have a new one now though, which is:

STOP: 0x0000008E
atapi.sys

I've phoned them again, and they said they can take it in for repair, but this is not that convenient as I'm at uni, and have my exams in about 2 weeks! They've also said that if its software, then they will charge me, even though I have the most expensive warranty package they do!

I know this was a bit long, but if anyone can suggest anything at all, I would really appreciate it!

Cheers!

I've been looking at sites listed from google for these for a while, and can't find anything thats too useful. I know it explains what the code is meant to mean, but none of the pages seem specific to my problem!

Back
Top Bottom