BSOD

Associate
I keep getting a BOSD saying driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and specifically saying stornvme.sys has failed. I have tried to fix it in command prompt but that didn't work and so saved the few things I wanted on my pc and reset it. This didn't go to plan and crashed several more times. I am now on the start up menu for wimdows 11 choosing my pin and stuff like that. And every 20 seconds I get the same blue screen. Anyone ha e a solution? And does this mean it's a hardware problem and not a software. I've checked some of the parts like the RAM and my SSDs are new ( I had the problem before too) and I don't know what to try next.

stornvme appears to be storage related, so I'd check your SSDs with something like CrystalDiskInfo and maybe try an old HDD or something, just to verify that it works.

Also worth running memtest to check your RAM is alright.

Are you running with XMP/expo enabled?

From Copilot:

StorNVMe (also known as stornvme.sys) is the system-supplied storage miniport driver that provides access to high-speed NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) devices. It has been available since Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R21. If you encounter issues related to stornvme.sys, such as Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) errors, you might need to troubleshoot or update the driver

From Copilot:

StorNVMe (also known as stornvme.sys) is the system-supplied storage miniport driver that provides access to high-speed NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) devices. It has been available since Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R21. If you encounter issues related to stornvme.sys, such as Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) errors, you might need to troubleshoot or update the driver

I am currently updating my motherboard which has been updating for suspiciously long. I'll try to check out the solutions in the link.

Also from Copilot:

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is a common Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) stop code in Windows. It occurs when a system process or a device driver attempts to access a memory address for which it has no access rights. Here are some steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check for Corrupt System Files:
  2. Incompatible Device Drivers:
    • If you’ve recently updated a driver, try rolling it back to the previous version.
    • Open Device Manager (Win + X), right-click the device, select Properties, go to the Driver tab, and hit “Roll Back Driver” if available.
  3. Remove External Devices:
    • Unplug all external devices (except mouse and keyboard) connected to your computer and restart it.
Remember to test each step individually to identify the cause of the error. If the issue persists, consider seeking professional assistance or checking for specific driver updates.

Last edited:
stornvme appears to be storage related, so I'd check your SSDs with something like CrystalDiskInfo and maybe try an old HDD or something, just to verify that it works.

Also worth running memtest to check your RAM is alright.

Are you running with XMP/expo enabled?
I cannot excess my computer without it crashing so can't check the storage unless I can through the bios. Memory test yesterday when I got it to work for a little bit said it was good. I'm out of the house at the moment but will check the xmp later and get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom