BSOD'S Ram, M/board or cpu??

Associate
Hi all,

Started to get bsod's about a week ago and they were becoming more frequent so nuked the pc and done a fresh install of xp home sp2.

Its still getting worse i leave my pc on all night and rarely do i switch on the monitor in the morning to find it all running ok. It seems to be fine somedays but as soon as i do anything i get a bsod.

So far i have seen:

Memory_Management
Page fault in non paged area
driver irq not less or equal

Ive run memtest86 for 24 hours straight and no errors whatsoever

So guys im leanign towards either cpu or motherboard now,

Which iis most likely as i dont have any spare to test with and i dont really want to buy both unless i have to!

Im still on socket a so just getting through for a few months until i can afford 939 and dual core.

Thanks for any suggestions as always it is much appreciated

Lee

Associate
What are the temps like of the CPU and case, as it could be overheating. Also what are the voltages like on the PSU, as it could be caused by a failing PSU.

Also run a scan on the HD as this can cause a BSOD, but most likely from the messages it it either Overheating, PSU or maybe RAM, try a different stick in or run just 1 stick of ram if you have 2, and run prime on the CPU to see if it crashes then.

Anthony

Soldato
to test voltages its best to run occt as this gives graphs of the voltage running a full load.

run prime to see if the cpu is falling over fast.

Back
Top Bottom