BT Full Fibre 900 (FTTP) with AC Tri-band or WiFi 6 Mesh

Associate
I'm due to move on to BT Fibre 900 soon and will likely have to replace the Smart Hub 2 with a mesh WiFi system which I believe can be plugged straight into the ONT connecting via PPPoE. I'm after a system which is capable of providing the speeds my package is able to supply. I've been I need one with good 'backhaul'. I appreciate wired connections are the best way to go but for my circumstances this isn't feasible. I've been looking at the Asus ZenWifi, the Tri-band version or the WiFi 6 one or the Tri-band Velop AC6600. Is anyone currently using any of these units with FTTP, are you having any problems? Can anyone recommend any other mesh systems they are using with BT Full Fibre 900? Is this taking full advantage of the speed via WiFi? Thanks

Associate
OP
Thanks for providing some clarity. Your correct in saying I haven't got any WiFi 6 devices at present. As I need to rely on a WLAN only my limited knowledge meant I was under the impression that in order to achieve the near gigabit speeds over a WLAN i needed to focus on a mesh setup which has a good backhaul ability.I thought a dedicated third band for this would be better than a dual band set up. I currently have Google WiFi which is AC1200 so if this is split between the dual bands I thought I would never get anything near the 910 promised over the WLAN. I was therefore going to sell this and look for alternative options. I think the BT option is AC2600 so whilst faster than the Google units I thought the fact that it's dual band would mean the wireless speeds would be impacted. So in reality I'm never going to achieve the 910 speeds which begs the question why pay for this speed and would it be better to look at Full Fibre 500 instead

Back
Top Bottom