Bubble float or not for trout fishing?

Soldato
You can attach a bubble float to one end of the leader line and the other end of the float to your main line with a couple of feet leader.

This allows the float to bob on the surface with the leader under the water. This also requires a weight between the float and leader to sink the hook/bait.

I've seen people using now float just a weight and let the weight sink to the bottom while the bait floats above it.

Which do you use?

Any other tips ?

Permabanned
The only trout fishing I've ever done was fly fishing. So no float or weight.

More versatile in Ireland bubble float is really popular the biggest fish in Ireland 33lbs was caught on bubble and fly just a simple line to bubble then to fly no leader just normal line with 3ft after the bubble going to a fly.

You can change and spin minnows as well where as i would need two setups really. And as op said a but of weight like a lead shot means the fly sinks or floats. So theres every scenario in one little 8ft ugly stik spinning rod for £40! :D

Associate
So theres every scenario in one little 8ft ugly stik spinning rod for £40! :D

:D

Truth be told I don't do a lot of fishing. What fishing I do is usually fly fishing. But that's almost always in Colorado. Small, very fast moving streams. Not conducive to floats or weights.

Honestly, I'm just there because I love being out in the wilderness. (so to speak). :)

Back
Top Bottom