• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Budget RX 5700XT round up, what good, whats bad.

Caporegime
I thought this might be useful for people looking for good quality budget RX 5700XT's.

Best: Gigabyte Gaming OC or Sapphire Pulse. very good cards.
Powercolor Red Dragon is also a good card.

Avoid the Asus TUF, its complete junk, not Steve's opinion but mine, however he did a previous tear-down on the card, its just cheaply made and the Memory IC's overheat, no really they run hotter than Microns safe limits.
Asus are just using their name sake for marketing, completely cheaping out on their sub premium products. If a much smaller company like Powercolor can design and build a high quality budget card there is no reason why Asus can't.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
EVGA surprised me with that one

Yeah me too TBH, espesially with the Nvidia connection, they are to Nvidia like Sapphire are to AMD.
I have always thought very highly of EVGA, i have one of their PSU's, Supernova 650GS, at £95 it was expensive for a 650 Watt PSU but damn its good.... and despite its small size it weighs as much as a breezeblock, always a good sign of quality.

I guess no matter who they are they can all have their "don't give a ####" moment, that was bad what they did with that GTX 1660S.

Caporegime
OP
The GTX 1080 I had was an FTW EVGA and like many others it kept blackscreening for no obvious reason there was a thread about it here at the time... eventually it turned out EVGA had skimped on cooling the VRM's they admitted it eventually. Overall build quality of the card was poor I thought. I swore I'd never have another.

I'm not sure why they get such glowing praise I guess its all down to marketing spin the Rep is/was very active here saying they'd turn it around in 24 hours etc and people were praising him/them for it... when I actually contacted EVGA for RMA they basically replied you're having a laugh mate...

But I expect nothing will change reputation wise they seem to be masters of spin rather like Nvidia.

n.b. I have an EVGA platinum PSU too and I've no complaints about that but their cards I stay away from.

I member that.

Back
Top Bottom