Budgies

Soldato
I'm wanting to keep budgies, are they hard to look after? Are they Human friendly meaning, do they get used to being in touch with Human contact or do they hate it?

Anyone got any, do they need a lot of attention. I'm wanting to keep some since house is really quiet and it could do with livening up.

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Wow, thanks for the info guys it helped. Only deal now is, should I get one or two? With two they won't be lonley, but it would be hard getting to know both of them :p

Soldato
OP
Aww :( So cute, I want one. So Trill seeds, and what kind of spray is this? We're not talking deodrant are we lol?

Anything else they have apart from seeds? Or is that their main diet and they can live off it?

Soldato
OP
Hey all,

I have a few questions. I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on another site.

I bought a budgie yesterday and had done my research before getting one. It's a baby budgie, male I think, the cere is purple/blue with white around the nostrils.

When I took it out of the box to put into the cage, the little bugger flew out and all around the room. Our patio windows are fairly big and it being a bird flew right into them, flew around again and then sat on the curtain rail.

At this stage I got him and he bit me and very hard, holding the pain I managed to put him in the cage. He was breathing quite hard and was upset I gather.

The cage is fairly big for one bird has 2 perches/a mirror and a Bell. The budgie doesn't seem to interested hasn't really called out and hasn't eaten anything. Just sat on the top perch, I've been talking to it and put my hand in the cage and it wasn't to shaken up this time, and it let me stroke it's belly abit.

I'm just a tad worried, do budgies act like what I've mentioned when they've been parted with the rest of the group (was housed with 3 others), and will take time for it to eat and get used to the new surroundings?

Pictures will be up later. This is my first budgie I'm keeping, last year I had 2 Rosella Parakeets, which were really active as soon as they'd jumped into the cage.

Today, he's being really quiet and when I play sound clips of Budgies from youtube he'll call back. I do feel really terrible, as he just doesn't seem happy, I know it's early days just thought he'd be a lot more enthusiastic. :(

Thanks guys.

Soldato
OP
Did you get a budgie in the end? I prefer the smarter birds

8Jv0Waf.gif

Yes I did. He lived around a year and a bit I think. Became very fond of me, used to follow around the house, fly to when called etc. One day it died randomly, I actually think it was due to sadness as I’d started university and spent most of my time there.

Back
Top Bottom