Build a blog from scratch or use wordpress ?

Associate
We are discussing what we should do for our site where we need a blog. Some people want to build one from scratch but I thought this might take too long to get evrything working well and SEO optimised

Is it possible to use a wordpress theme customize it and plug it into our other site which we have built in ruby ?

Soldato
Why would you build in ruby :D.

This would be better suited to the programming sub forum but I'd use Wordpress there's little point in building your own from scratch unless you really need to go outside the box for your aims.

I'd say at least 95% of all possible uses are covered by plugins these days and it's a very simple cms to work with.

Associate
Pick a theme, strip it, add plugins, play with the code a bit then boom. Wordpress is very good for optimizing towards your needs, why not add a blog within your Wordpress site rather than pick between the 2? What is the website for?

Associate
OP
the site is a piece of online estimating software for home improvement project and then we match you with some options of the best trade professionals in the area.

We will be blogging about current projects and completed projects - however we need the CMS to be easy to use which is why I thought wordpress. I just needed to know if it was easy to integrate ?

Associate
If your confident is ruby, build a blog in ruby. Doesnt take my lines of code and for a simple blog you'll probably have it done in an hour. Theres LOADS of video tutorials and guides on the net.

Back
Top Bottom