build a website - kids

Soldato
Little lad (9) is wanting to build his own website - any recommendations on sites that will help him do this and learn him along the way?!!?

Associate
Is he interesting in designing his own website or just running his own website? When I was that sort of age I was messing around with content management systems, and then later on progressed onto the actual html.

Could start out setting out and playing around with joomla, drupal, wordpress etc

For html/css I just google html tutorial and go through the first few results for one I like the look of.

Associate
Playing around with WordPress without actually understanding it is more confusing then educational, from a learning to code perspective.

I can not recommend http://www.teamtreehouse.com enough. They're videos are suited for absolute novices who don't even know what a text editor is and the cost per month is not that much, plus you can cancel after a month anyway.

He will learn and the way they teach, he'll have the project website in front of him when he's finsihed.

Soldato
codeacademy have some nice html/css lessons.

It'll cover the basics enough for him to get an understanding. They have a built in editor as well, and its free :)

They also move on to other languages after :)

Back
Top Bottom