Build finished!

Associate
Completed my build tonight!

Some of you may have read my 'draining loop' thread. Well i was to impatient for the drain parts to arrive so went ahead tonight and built my first WC loop.

XSPC RayStorm D5 EX360 WaterCooling Kit
XSPC EX140 Single Fan Radiator

The idea was to fit all this inside but it wasnt going to happen so have to have the single rad mounted outside of my haf x. Apart from that upset all went great.

Before

img0382s.jpg

After

img0390nh.jpg

And the all important temps! I have a 2500K clocked to 4.6Ghz 1.41v (yeah i know very high, but my ram runs at 2133mhz and this is IBT max stable.)

With the old Titan Fenrir max core temp 90C, and sounds like my Dyson
With the WC loop max core temp 61C and sounds like... nothing cant hear it over my PSU!!!

Epic, very happy with the results. Planning on taking this to 5Ghz and beyond!

Thanks for the advice from folk regarding the drain.

Associate
OP
out of interest, why did you mount the 120mm rad outside? Surely that will fit inside, along with the fan?

Original plan was to have the single rad inside. But no way was it fitting with the way i had my triple rad orientated. Most of my front bays are occupied so putting the triple rad with the inlet / outlet forward was going to create more problems.

Associate
Original plan was to have the single rad inside. But no way was it fitting with the way i had my triple rad orientated. Most of my front bays are occupied so putting the triple rad with the inlet / outlet forward was going to create more problems.

EDIT - Sorry, I was looking at the before pic. haha

Associate
OP
Just hit the magical 5Ghz, 5 passes with IBT max settings. Max core temp 80C. However took a massive 1.6V bios (1.56v in CPUZ). Will do a loads of bench mark runs then prob drop back to 4.6 Ghz.

Water cooling rules!

Soldato
I'd be careful at those voltages, you might be under water but it won't stop the thing going pop if you hammer too much voltage through it ;)

Sounds like your chip is a stinker, have you adjusted any other settings besides the multiplier and voltage controls?

Associate
OP
I'd be careful at those voltages, you might be under water but it won't stop the thing going pop if you hammer too much voltage through it ;)

Sounds like your chip is a stinker, have you adjusted any other settings besides the multiplier and voltage controls?

Ive had a play with the other voltages but nothing helps apart from Vcore. Lots of 101 BSOD. IBT Max hits it hard, but not satisfied until i pass that test!

Soldato
Yeah I'm a fan of IBT too :)

Have you tried adjusting LLC/Phase/Duty/Capability (names may change on other boards)?

1.4v even for 4.6ghz sounds a hell of allot!

Associate
OP
I have a bit of an issue with the bios of the UD4P.
Basically, every bios old and new, screws with the resume from sleep (i use sleep a lot)
The only bios that doesnt is the F5b that Gigabyte mailed me. Only prob with that bios is that it doesnt have options for multi level LLC, or support for Ivy.

Pain in the ass, but rather that than the constant stalled when trying to resume from sleep.

Back
Top Bottom