Build Log - Gaming PC 2022.

Associate
I figured this is a better place than any to start a build log just incase I get stuck with any issues along the way and need some help or advice from you fine people here in the OCUK forum community. :D <3

It's been 15 yrs since I last built a gaming PC and I'm pretty excited about this dream build. :D

I've finally managed to acquire all the components needed, mostly thanks to Black Friday ;), and I've attached links to the manufactures (I hope that's fine and doesn't mess with forum rules?) websites for more details on the hardware specs if you are interested?

Also if any of you reading this have any questions? Please feel free to ask away.

Components:-

GPU Upgrade 2023: On-order estimated Jan/Feb: Sapphire NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X 24GB
Case fan 2: Corsair ML120 PRO 120mm PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan - Non RGB - Black​

Monitor:-
Peripherals:

VR Gear:

Headset: HTC Vive Pro 2
Controllers: Valve Index Controllers
Base Stations: Valve Index Base Stations
Desk and Gaming chair:

Chair: Corsair T3 Rush
Desk: Adjustable desk - Herman Miller Abak. (Gumtree find).​

I think that's everything.. :rolleyes::cry:

Looking forward to starting the build in a few hours from now..

Edit: 29/12/2022 Upgraded GPU to the Sapphire 7900XTX Nitro+ https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-vaporx-24g-gddr6

Last edited:
Ok. First question, and probably self explanatory.

On the Corsair ML 120 RGB fan there's a second cable saying to RGB hub. I don't think I have one in the 5000D. Do I just leave the RGB cable disconnected? I've connected the power cable to the fan controller hub in the case already.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Anyone know what the deal is with the 6 fan power repeater in the Corsair 5000D case?

I've plugged in 4 case fans. 3 front intake. 1 exhaust.

Could I in theory plug the PWM cable from the 5000D power repeater into the RGB fan controller that came with the AIO H150i?

If not, where abouts do I connect the PWM cable from the 5000D fan power repeater into the ASUS X670E mobo?

You’ll need a Corsair lighting node which can handle 6 fans. If more than 6 fans you’ll need 2 lighting nodes. Each node needs a usb header. Not sure about the 5000D whether it comes with a full blown fan controller like the commander pro with 2 x usb inputs you can plug the lighting nodes into. Failing that if you need more than 2 usb headers you’ll need a usb hub. Either the NZXT or aqua computer hubby 7 will do.
Thanks bud.

I've gone ahead and connected the 5000D power repeater, with 3 front fans connected, to CHA_FAN1 on the mobo.

I've connected the rear exhaust fan pw to Cha_Fan2.

The 3 front fans are non RGB.

The rear exhaust fan is RGB but have connected the RGB plug to the AIO controller plug socket as there are 3 available after the 3 radiator ones have been connected.

See how it goes when I finally get to turn it on! :D

Well.. It turns on. :eek:

Nothing went bang and there's no smoke.:D

I'm knackered. Gonna get some sleep.

Tomorrow, run though the bios set up and windows install. Maybe even game! :D

bjpk9M.jpg

Last edited:
So.. I managed to get it all setup and installed and I am totally blown away how this system performs. I just managed to play the first 2 missions in RDD2 and it's averaging 122fps. Everything on Ultra. It's insane how amazing it plays and looks.! :eek: :D

I am a little concerned by the high frequency sound coming from the H150i AIO. I think it's the sound of the pump. But it works fine other wise. Not seen it go above 39c.

Getting use to the keyboard as well. :D Sounds are a bit loud coming from a laptop with the low profile keys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom