Building a Home Gym

Soldato
Hi

I am thinking of building a home gym, I already have dumbells, chin up bar but I am looking at buying this:

http://www.connection-fitness.co.uk..._and_100kg_Olympic_Weight_Set/1369/index.aspx

Would that be suffice, or would you reccomend something else? For cardio I was thinking skipping, swimming and running (alternate).

I would buy second hand, but I have been looking for months, and nothing has seemed to come up, and I cant keep putting it off. So will just have to bite the bullet there.

Thanks for you input

Soldato
OP
Ever get the feeling you regret not buying something when you had the chance, getting now with a great deal i saw on a power rack and olympic weights a few months ago.

Are there any forums that have great classifieds for things such as power racks, as I have never seen it. Just don't want to spend a lot when I know I could buy something a lot cheaper second hand? As i do not currently have enough for a power rack + weights on top.

Soldato
OP
Ordered one..Was looking at getting something similar at near twice the price so its a steal
Probably not quite as durable construction and max ratings are lower but still more than enough for me!

Job for next weekend building the damn thing :rolleyes::D

Haha.... I should be on commission ;)

Will post pics of it when its done, and kefkef your the man to come to if I get stressed out from building then ;)

Soldato
OP
The power rack was 50kg, and the last pulldown comes in 2 boxes (one box contains just 2 pipes) and that weights 20kg if I remember.

The 100kg set comes as 2x15kg, 2x10kg, 4x5kg, 4x2.5kg and the bar is 20kg

Any other questions just ask :)

Soldato
OP
Sorry completly forgot, will take some pics when I come back. Im so far am wholly impressed by it. Does everything I would want, only feature its lacking which would have been nice was for the lat/pully system to be able to be varied in height at the pully end so you can do other excercises. But you can get around it, and the amount of excercises you can do is a lot. If you would use it, I say get it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom