Building a travel tech pack

I travel a week in a month for work and I've stopped taking my power bank when I travel. The amount of plug sockets and charger ports available in airports, planes and hotels means I've never been caught short.

I travel a week in a month for work and I've stopped taking my power bank when I travel. The amount of plug sockets and charger ports available in airports, planes and hotels means I've never been caught short.
Same here. These days only place I've even needed an adapter is a company office.

I do take a tech pack, but rarely have any use for it.

This is true. Airports are full of sockets to charge things, even on economy flights have a USB socket too. Just sometimes it can be USB-A, so I just carry a small 10,000mha one for my phone. I never work in a cafe to a point where I need to recharge the laptop.

I sometimes take this train - no power outside of the sleeper/couchettes:

They don't connect those Hungarian MAV carriages until about 5am which is 15 hours into the journey.

We travel a fair amount and occasionally get caught out in the tech department so I'm building a pack with some goodies:

Usb c to hdmi adapter
Hdmi lead
Fire stick / Chromecast
Battery bank
2x chargers
2x multi-cables
Usb sticks with films
Travel adapters

The aim is to never run out of juice, and if we do, charge quickly, and also never have to watch telly in Turkish / Czech / French / German / whatever as most hotels / resorts only have rubbish English telly, in Prague we literally had some Chinese news channel :eek:

This won't be upgraded for quite some time so I need decent stuff. It'll be dedicated to travelling only so no need to use any of it at home.

If anyone has any suggestions or bits worth adding in please do, I'm looking to make this a good little kit.

Don't bother with the chargers, just get one of the high powered multi travel adapters. You can plug multiple USB devices into them, additionally have a UK socket for anything else, and would work in every* country in the world.

*I've not heard of countries with power sockets that fall outside of the standard norm.

Don't overlook the restrictions on power bank capacity on flights. They seem to be looking closer at these I've noticed.
This.
I had one that solar charged for when we did multi day hikes. Loved it. Was confiscated by security in Bangkok airport on my way to Kilimanjaro even though notoriously strict and unfair Australian security let me board in the first place.
I’ve since bought another but not taken it out of the country. Other than a hiking trip I don’t know why you’d need one anyway.

Back
Top Bottom